David Johnson (tight end)
Johnson with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013
|No. 85, 88, 82|
|Position:||Tight end, fullback|
August 26, 1987|
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school:||Pine Bluff (AR)|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 7 / Pick: 241|
|Career NFL statistics|
David Johnson (born August 26, 1987) is a former American football tight end and fullback. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the seventh round (241st overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football for Arkansas State, where he was twice awarded All-Sun Belt Conference honors. Johnson was also a member of the San Diego Chargers.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|4.73 s||1.63 s||2.75 s||4.43 s||7.28 s||32 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 5 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
On April 11, 2012, the Steelers signed Johnson to a one-year, $1.26 million contract. During a preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles on August 10, 2012, Johnson suffered a torn ACL which eliminated him for the 2012 season. He was waived/injured on August 13, 2012, and subsequently reverted to injured reserve on August 16. On March 12, 2013, the Steelers signed Johnson again to a one-year deal.
San Diego Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers (second stint)
On May 17, 2016, the Steelers signed Johnson to a one-year deal. In his first season back with Pittsburgh, he played in all 16 regular season games, catching 7 passes for 80 yards. He also caught a 2-point conversion pass from Ben Roethlisberger in Week 10 against the Cleveland Browns. Johnson played in all three of the Steelers' postseason contests, making his only postseason reception for 1 yard against the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game.
- "David Johnson". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved September 17, 2016.
- "Super Bowl XLV - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers - February 6th, 2011". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Steelers Sign David Johnson". Pittsburgh Steelers. March 13, 2013.
- Chargers Add Versatility in David Johnson
- Varley, Teresa (March 9, 2017). "Johnson signed, staying in Pittsburgh". Steelers.com.
- "Steelers trim roster to 53". Steelers.com. September 2, 2017. Archived from the original on January 17, 2018.
- "David Johnson". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved September 19, 2016.