David Julyan (born 1967 in Cheltenham) is an English musician and film score composer. He has composed the scores to several Christopher Nolan films including Memento, Insomnia and The Prestige, a collaboration that began with the short film Larceny. Recently he scored the horror movie The Descent and a UK feature, Outlaw. Julyan has also been invited to sit on film music discussion panels at various film festivals, including the BMI Music & Film Panel at the 2004 & 2006 Sundance Film Festivals and the 2002 Flanders International Film Festival Ghent panel on "How To Get Started In Film Music". An interview with him has been included in the book Moving Music.
- Doodlebug (1997, short film)
- Following (1998, film) The music budget for the film was around $8 for a blank digital audio tape.
- Memento (2000, film)
- The Secret Rulers of the World (2001, TV series documentary)
- Insomnia (2002, film)
- Happy Here and Now (2002, film)
- Spivs (2004, film)
- Inside I'm Dancing - US title "Rory O'Shea Was Here" (2004, film) An oddity among Julyan's scores in that it includes no synthesizers.
- The Last Drop (2005, film)
- Matroesjka's (2005, TV series)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God (2005, TV film)
- The Descent (2006, film) Score includes a 70 piece orchestra and 16 piece female choir.
- The Prestige (2006, film)
- Simon Schama's Power of Art (2006, TV series) Composed the score for the episode on Van Gogh.
- Outlaw (2007, film)
- Eden Lake (2008, film)
- The Descent 2 (2010, film)
- Heartless (2010, film)
- The Cabin in the Woods (2012, film)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God (2012, film)
- Rules of the Game (2014, film)
- Hidden (2015, film)
- ^ "BMI.com: SXSW 2005". BMI.com. 2006-11-12. Archived from the original on 2006-11-12. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- ^ "BMI @ Sundance2004 | panel". Bmi.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- ^ "David Julyan :: composer :: latest news". DavidJulyan.com. 2008-09-25. Archived from the original on 2008-09-25. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- ^ a b "David Julyan :: composer // scores". DavidJulyan.com. 2008-09-25. Archived from the original on 2008-09-25. Retrieved 2012-08-12.