David K. Lovegren
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
David K. Lovegren is a film producer. After working on Fantasia/2000 and the Direct-to-video feature The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea at Disney, he went to Manila, Philippines to start the independent animation studio ImagineAsia. The company was shut down after failing to attract business, but in January 2002 Lovegren hired back around twenty animators that had been employed there to work on the 2005 computer animated film, Hoodwinked!. Along with fellow Hoodwinked! producer Sue Bea Montgomery, Lovegren formed a new animation studio for the film's production, based in a 5,000 square foot rented house in Manila. Hoodwinked! was the first independent computer animated film to be produced in the Philippines, and one of the first computer animated films to be completely independently funded. Lovegren also produced the 2010 computer animated film Dino Time and the 2011 sequel to Hoodwinked!, Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil.
Lovegren is a graduate of Principia College, Elsah, Illinois.
|2000||The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea||producer|
|2011||Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil||co-producer|
- "Global Animation Names Lovegren to VP Post". digitalproducer.com. June 22, 2001. Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "Indie Animation". creativeplanetnetwork.com. Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- J. Paul Peszko (May 11, 2004). "Hoodwinked: Anatomy of an Independent Animated Feature Page 3". Animation World Magazine. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Jason Anders (January 26, 2009). "A Conversation with Cory Edwards". fullecirclestuff.blogspot.com. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Cory Edwards (January 29, 2009). "Interview with Fulle Circle". coryedwards.com. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
|This article about a film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|