|David G. Kabiller|
|Born||1964 (age 52–53)|
|Known for||Co-founder of AQR Capital Management|
|Net worth||$1.0 billion (March 2017)|
|Parent(s)||Elaine Tunick Kabiller
David G. Kabiller (born 1964) is a Founder, Founding Principal, and Head of Business Development of AQR Capital Management, along with Cliff Asness, John M. Liew and Robert Krail. He initiated AQR’s international growth and its introduction of mutual funds and reinsurance as well as the creation of the AQR University symposia series and the AQR Insight Award for outstanding innovation in applied academic research.
Early life and education
Kabiller was born to a Jewish family, the son of Elaine (nee Tunick) and Irving Kabiller. He has one sister, Sari Kabiller Battista. He earned a B.A. in economics and an M.B.A. from Northwestern University, where he received an athletic scholarship to play tennis and was named to the Big Ten Conference Academic All-Conference team.
After school, he worked as a vice president at Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Kabiller has co-authored papers on topics including derivatives, enhanced indexation, securities lending, insurance-linked securities, hedge funds and the secret of Warren Buffett’s investing acumen. He was profiled in Scott Patterson's book The Quants.
He is a member of the Northwestern University Board of Trustees and large donor to both academic and athletic scholarship programs. He is a member of the Advisory Council of the AQR Asset Management Institute at London Business School and also serves on the Board of Trustees for the Terra Foundation for American Art. He is chairman of the Executive Council of the International Institute for Nanotechnology and donates $250,000 for a biannual Kabiller Prize in Nanoscience and Nanomedicine plus a $10,000 Kabiller Young Investigator Award in Nanoscience and Nanomedicine. He created NU for Life, a program to provide mentoring and career development for Northwestern University athletes. In 2017, London Business School honored David with an Honorary Fellowship for his service to the school and distinction in business.
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires: "David Kabiller" March 21, 2017
- "David Gary Kabiller CFA". Businessweek.com.
- "How I Became a Quant'". The Wall Street Journal. August 22, 2007.
- "David Kabiller, CFA". AQR Capital. Archived from the original on 2014-02-08.
- "AQR's David Kabiller Pioneers Hedge Funds for the Masses". Wall Street Journal.
- Chicago Sun Times: "Irving Kabiller" May 27, 2012
- "David Gary Kabiller CFA". Business Week.
- "Using Derivatives and Leverage To Improve Portfolio Performance". Institutional Investor.
- "AQR Capital Management Establishes Reinsurance Group". PRN Newswire.
- "Buffett’s Alpha" (PDF). Yale University.
- "Trustee David Kabiller Equips Student-Athletes for Success". Northwestern University.
- "Key People". London Business School.
- "Board and Staff". Terra Foundation for American Art. Archived from the original on 2013-12-13.
- http://www.iinano.org/executive-council IIN Executive Council, accessed October 19, 2014
- http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2015/05/nominations-invited-for-inaugural-250,000-kabiller-prize-in-nanoscience-and-nanomedicine.html, accessed June 4, 2015