|Alma mater||University of Iowa|
David Kajganich (born November 15, 1969) is an American screenwriter and producer. He has written several works in the horror genre, including the film Blood Creek (2009), and the network series The Terror (2018). He has also collaborated on two films with the Italian director Luca Guadagnino, A Bigger Splash (2015) and the horror film Suspiria (2018).
While still living in Ohio, Kajganich was hired to adapt Heinrich Boll's The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum for the screen, but the project fell through. He was subsequently hired to write the screenplay for The Invasion (2007), a reimagining of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. His following screenplay, initially titled Town Creek, was filmed in 2009 and released under the title Blood Creek, directed by Joel Schumacher. He subsequently wrote the screenplay for True Story (2015), a crime-drama starring Jonah Hill and James Franco, based on the Michael Finkel book of the same name.
Kajganich wrote the screenplay for Luca Guadagnino's 2015 remake, A Bigger Splash, a loose remake of the 1969 film La Piscine. He subsequently composed the screenplay for Guadagnino's remake of the horror film Suspiria.
Kajganich served as the writer of The Terror (2018), a television series based on the Dan Simmons novel of the same name. In 2016, Kajganich began co-writing a new adaptation of Stephen King's Pet Sematary, due for release in 2019.
|2015||A Bigger Splash||Screenwriter and executive producer|||
|2018||Suspiria||Screenwriter and producer|||
|2018–present||The Terror||Screenwriter; television series|||
- Kotler, Steven (June 22, 2006). "Dave Kajganich". Variety. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
- Miyamoto, Ken (June 20, 2016). "One-On-One with Hollywood Screenwriter David Kajganich". Screen Craft. Archived from the original on September 2, 2016.
- Baker, Jeff (April 16, 2015). "'True Story' review: James Franco, Jonah Hill and an Oregon murder add up to nothing". The Oregonian. Portland, Oregon. Archived from the original on October 19, 2018.
- Page, Aubrey (May 5, 2016). "'A Bigger Splash' Writer David Kajganich on His Unique Approach to the Remake and 'It'". Collider. Archived from the original on October 19, 2018.
- Hazelton, John (March 20, 2018). "'Suspiria' screenwriter David Kajganich on his showrunning debut 'The Terror'". Screen Daily. Screen International. Archived from the original on October 19, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (October 30, 2017). "Paramount Finds 'Pet Sematary' Directors". Variety. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
- Yamato, Jen (September 2, 2018). "Striking horror anew". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. p. E10 – via Newspapers.com.