David Kaufman (actor)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
Lisa Picotte (m. 1990)
|Children||2, including Grace|
|Relatives||Adam Kaufman (brother)|
David Kaufman (born July 23, 1961) is an American actor and voice actor, best known for his roles as the voices of Dexter Douglas on Freakazoid, Jimmy Olsen on Superman: The Animated Series, Danny Fenton/Danny Phantom on Danny Phantom, Maggie's brother Aldrin on The Buzz on Maggie, and Marty McFly, Michael J. Fox's character, on the Saturday morning animated series, Back to the Future.
Kaufman was born in St. Louis, Missouri. His father is Jewish, whereas his mother is Catholic. Kaufman began acting at a young age in his hometown of St. Louis, Missouri, when his kindergarten teacher handed him the plum lead role of Santa Claus in the class Christmas play.
Since his college years, Kaufman has studied and worked extensively as a professional actor in films and television.
He has worked with the Daly family of actors on several projects: He worked with Tim Daly on Superman: The Animated Series and its subsequent spin-offs, playing Jimmy Olsen. He also appeared with Daly in the series Wings in 1995 with his wife Lisa; the two portrayed a couple whose wedding Daly's character Joe and his fiancée Helen crash. He worked with Tim's sister, Tyne Daly on the film Kids Like These and will join Tim again in the animated film Justice League: Doom, reprising his role of Jimmy Olsen.
Kaufman has been married to actress Lisa Picotte since June 30, 1990; together they have two children, who are also actors: Grace Kaufman born on April 29, 2002, and Henry Oliver Kaufman born on February 23, 2007.
- Down to Earth (TBS) - Duane Preston
- Haunted Lives: True Ghost Stories (CBS) - Tim Clanton
- Dweebs (CBS) - Morley
- Presidio Med (CBS)
He has guest-starring roles on such series as:
- Animaniacs - Steven Seagull
- Boston Legal
- The Closer
- Stargate SG-1 - Mark Gilmor
- The West Wing
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Touched by an Angel
- Citizen Baines
- Hollywood Off-Ramp
- Step by Step - Devon
- Wings - Groom
- Matlock - Danny Hayes / Mark Randall
- Night Court
- Just the Ten of Us
- Highway to Heaven
- Rocket Power - Cameraman
- Simon and Simon
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Jaybo Hood
- Goldie & Bear - Brix and Beanstalk Jack
- Daniel "Danny" Fenton in Nickelodeon's hit animated series Danny Phantom
- Aldrin Pesky in Disney Channel's The Buzz on Maggie.
Kaufman has lent his voice to several well-known animated series, including Jimmy Olsen from Superman: The Animated Series/Superman: Brainiac Attacks, and Justice League, and Dexter Douglas from Freakazoid, as well as filling in for Michael J. Fox in both the roles of Marty McFly on Back to the Future and Stuart Little in HBO's Stuart Little. He voiced Human Torch in Ultimate Spider-Man, and reprised the role for both Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Kaufman also provided the voice of Arik, a one-time character in the acclaimed Nickelodeon animated series The Legend of Korra.
- Your Mother Wears Combat Boots
- Pearl Harbor
- Prom Night (2008 film) - Businessman
- Tom Sawyer
- Role of a Lifetime
- Red Riding Hood (experimental musical comedy, that was the brain-storm of Director Randal Kleiser)
- From the Earth to the Moon (produced by Tom Hanks)
- The Last Prostitute (starring with Sonia Braga)
- Kids Like These (starring with Tyne Daly and Richard Crenna)
- Justice League: Doom
- AT&T (starring with Ray Walston)
- Pepsi (starring with Cindy Crawford)
- Blockbuster (starring with Magic Johnson)
- Kid Cuisine (the voice of K. C. Penguin)
as well as spots for Honda, Hi-C Ecto-Cooler, Maxwell House, Dentyne, Chili's, Midas, Wendy's, Twiglets and British Petroleum, among others.
Kaufman has earned several Los Angeles area critics' awards and nominations. He has been a member of the West Coast Ensemble in Los Angeles for over ten years, performing such varied roles as:
- Skeets Miller in Floyd Collins
- Prosecutor Gilmer in To Kill a Mockingbird
- George Lewis in Kaufman and Hart's Once in a Lifetime
- Orestes in Electra
- Tyler in Sondheim and Furth's Merrily We Roll Along
- Ronnie Shaughnessy in The House of Blue Leaves
- Callimaco in Machiavelli's The Mandrake
- Eugene Jerome in Neil Simon's Biloxi Blues
- Paul Palmer in James Duff's A Quarrel of Sparrows at The Court Theatre in Los Angeles
- Stewie in the premiere of Richard Greenberg's Night and Her Stars at South Coast Repertory.
- Max Justice, Nitro Byrne in Hot Wheels Velocity X
- Danny Phantom in: Nicktoons Unite, Nicktoons Winners Cup Racing, Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island, Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots, Nicktoons: Globs of Doom & Nicktoons Nitro
- Johnny Storm / Human Torch: Ultimate Spider-Man
- Marek in Broken Age
- Additional Voices in The Frozen Wilds DLC of Horizon Zero Dawn
- Haas, Pete (1 September 2013). "Double Fine's Broken Age Cast Includes Jack Black, Jennifer Hale". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 2 September 2013.