|Birth name||David W. Kinkade|
|Born||August 25, 1983|
|Origin||New Jersey, USA|
|Genres||Death metal, thrash metal, progressive metal, Viking metal, black metal, nu metal|
David Kinkade (born August 25, 1983) is an American former musician.
David Kinkade was born in New Jersey in 1983. At the age of three, he started picking up drums after his grandfather gave him his first drum kit.
He has become known for his extreme hand and double bass speeds and technique. David's technique is not limited to metal; He is experienced in jazz, fusion, prog, swing, rock, and many others genres of music.
His influences include bands such as Metallica, Pink Floyd, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Sepultura, Immortal, Emperor and Devin Townsend Project. His drumming influences include Gavin Harrison, Horacio "el Negro" Hernandez, Nick Barker, Mike Mangini, Hellhammer, Nick Mason, Carmine Appice, Vinnie Appice, Dave Lombardo, Nicko McBrain, Peter Criss, Eric Singer, Eric Carr, Neil Peart, Lars Ulrich and Pete Sandoval.
In October 2011, he parted ways with Borknagar.
In October 2012, he announced his retirement from drumming, leaving Soulfly after their show in Bangkok. He retired in order to focus on his family. 
Aside from his drumming career, Kinkade is known for his interest in animal welfare. In 2007, he started a foundation called the "Metal 4 Pets Foundation", which stands against animal abuse. The Metal 4 Pets Foundation's goal is to unite the metal world to fight animal abuse.
David also has a teaching background which includes eight years of private instructions. In the summer of 2008, David worked with 13 students ranging from ages 7–13 at a middle school program aimed at teaching children with autism the beginning fundamentals of drums and percussion.
He currently lives in Chicago and is a locomotive engineer on the railroad.
Kinkade also recorded an EP with Council of the Fallen in 2006 titled "Sever all negatives"
- Pearl Masters series drums & Pearl Icon rack and hardware
- Pearl Ultracast snare (size 6.5x14)
- Sabian HH, AAX, AA, HHX Cymbals
- Axis A long-board pedals w/ ekit triggers
- Alesis DM10
- Evans drum heads (EQ3, G2, Power center reverse dot)
- Promark drumsticks ( 16 3/4" .603 Hickory- David Kinkade signature)
- SOULFLY Drummer DAVID KINKADE To Play His Final Show In Bangkok Blabbermouth.net. 2012-10-17. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- Metal 4 Pets @ Myspace
- Malevolent Creation - ex-Drummer David Kinkade Launches Metal 4 Pets in Support of Abused Animals: News @ smnnews.com