|Education||Central Saint Martins|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
David Komakhidze (Georgian: დავით კომახიძე) known as David Koma (stylized as DΛVID KOMΛ) is a Georgian fashion designer based in London, UK. He graduated in 2009 with a distinction in MA Fashion from Central Saint Martins after studying and completing his BA in Fashion Womenswear in 2007.
Career and Achievements
Improving from the exhibition, he will show on-schedule at London Fashion Week. His graduate collection of sculptural, body-conscious dresses embellished with metal tubes and multicoloured chains won the Harrods Design Award. Koma was the Vauxhall Fashion Scout’s Merit Award winner 2009.
In December 2013, House of Thierry Mugler announced that David Koma is a new artistic director. He will be replacing Nicola Formichetti, who left the company April this year to work for the Italian brand Diesel.
- Lako Bukia, Georgian fashion designer based in London
- Tata Naka, Georgian dress label based in London
- Socha, Miles (12 December 2013). "Thierry Mugler Names David Koma Artistic Director". WWD. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- David Koma at London Fashion Week 2013 Idol Eyes
- Alexander, Hilary (21 February 2009). "David Koma, MA Graduate of Central Saint Martins receives award". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-09-13.
- Bumpus, Jessica (3 August 2009). "Talent Scout Winner". Vogue UK. Retrieved 2009-09-13.
- David Koma for Mugler ELLE magazine
- David Koma nommé directeur artistique de Mugler Vogue.fr