David Reading Krathwohl (May 14, 1921 – October 13, 2016) was an American educational psychologist. He was the director of the Bureau of Educational Research at Michigan State University and was also a past president of the American Educational Research Association, where he served in multiple capacities, as a member of the research advisory committee for the Bureau of Research of the USOE and as regional chairman of the board of trusties of the Eastern Regional Institute for Education.
He was born on May 14, 1921. While studying with Benjamin Bloom, he co-authored the Taxonomy of Educational Objectives, (also known as Bloom's Taxonomy) a critical publication on education and has also edited, authored and co-authored several books in regards to education. He was the Hannah Hammond Professor of Education Emeritus at Syracuse University.
Krathwohl died on October 13, 2016.
- Nowinson, R. (1963). Who's who in United States Politics and American Political Almanac. Chicago: Capitol House.
- "AERA Highlights - November 2016". www.aera.net.
- Anderson, L. W., & Krathwohl, D. R. (eds.) (2001). A taxonomy for learning, teaching, and assessing: A revision of Bloom's taxonomy of educational objectives. New York: Longman.
- Bloom, B., Englehart, M. Furst, E., Hill, W., & Krathwohl, D. (1956). Taxonomy of educational objectives: The classification of educational goals. Handbook I: Cognitive domain. New York, Toronto: Longmans, Green.
- Krathwohl, D. R. Methods of Educational & Social Science Research: An Integrated Approach. 1st Ed. 1993, 2nd Ed. 1998, New York: Longman, also Long Grove, IL: Waveland Press; 3rd Ed 2009, Waveland Press
|President of the||Succeeded by
|This biography of an American psychologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|