David L. Katz
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
David L. Katz
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College (BA, 1984)|
Albert Einstein College of Medicine (MD, 1988)
Yale School of Public Health (MPH, 1993)
|Spouse(s)||Catherine (Sananès) Katz|
|Thesis||Implications of compliance with the national guideline for dietary fat in the RENO diet-heart study (1993)|
David L. Katz (born 20 February 1963) is an American physician and former director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center that was founded at Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut in 1998.
Previously, Katz was a clinical instructor in medicine at the Yale School of Medicine. Katz formerly served as associate director for nutrition science at the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity at Yale, following his appointment in 2005. Katz has authored over 100 scientific papers and written numerous newspaper and magazine articles, including a recurring column in O starting in March 2002 and later discontinued. In 2000, Katz founded the Integrative Medicine Center at Griffin, which ceased operating in November 2014. Katz is a contributor and advisory board member for Naked Food Magazine.
In 2015, Katz wrote two positive reviews in his Huffington Post blog for a science fiction book that he had published under a pseudonym, without disclosing that he was the author of the book; Huffington Post retracted the posts.
Although Katz has Yale University as his Twitter location, Katz is not academically affiliated with Yale and has not held an academic appointment there since 2016. 
Katz received a BA degree from Dartmouth College, an MD degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and an MPH degree from Yale School of Public Health. He is board certified in preventive medicine.
- Hartwig, K.A., Dunville, R.L., Kim, M.H., Levy, B., Zaharek, M.M., Yanchou Njike, V., and Katz, D.L. Promoting Healthy People 2010 through Small Grants. Health Promotion Practice, in press, 2006.
- Katz, D.L., O'Connell, M., Yeh, M.C., Nawaz, H., Njike, V., Anderson, L.M., Cory, S., and Dietz, W. Public Health Strategies for Preventing and Controlling Overweight and Obesity in School and Worksite Settings: A Report on Recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive Services. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 54(RR-10): 1-12, 2005.
- Katz, D.L. Lifestyle and Dietary Modification for Prevention of Heart Failure. Medical Clinics of North America 88(5): 1295-1320, 2004.
- "Research Across the Spectrum: Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center", Yale School of Medicine, Yale University. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- "https://gfp.griffinhealth.org/specialty-care/integrative-medicine". © Griffin Health Services Corporation. Retrieved September 24, 2019. External link in
- "David Katz M.D., Author at Naked Food Magazine". Naked Food Magazine. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Palus, Shannon (20 November 2015). "Yale doc loses 2 HuffPo blog posts after secretly promoting his novel". Retraction Watch.
- "Verification of Certifications (Certification Number: 051517)". American Board of Preventive Medicine. Archived from the original on August 4, 2017. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- "David L. Katz". Public Health Yale. Archived from the original on 7 September 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: David L. Katz|