David L. Katz
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|David L. Katz|
February 20, 1963|
|Residence||New Haven, Connecticut|
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yale School of Public Health|
|Spouse(s)||Catherine (Sananès) Katz|
|Thesis||Implications of compliance with the national guideline for dietary fat in the RENO diet-heart study (1993)|
David L. Katz (born 20 February 1963) is an American physician and the founding director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center that was founded at Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut in 1998. He is known for his dietary recommendations.
Katz is a voluntary clinical instructor in Internal Medicine. In 2005, he was appointed the associate director for nutrition science at the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity at Yale, a position he no longer holds. Katz has authored over 100 scientific papers and written numerous newspaper and magazine articles, including a recurring column in O starting in March 2002, now discontinued. In 2000, Katz began advocating for integrative medicine when he founded the Integrative Medicine Center at Griffin. He has been a member of the governing board of the American College of Preventive Medicine since 2002, and has also been president of the Association of Teachers of Preventive Medicine since 2004. Katz is a contributor and advisory board member for Naked Food Magazine.
In 2015, Katz wrote two positive reviews in his Huffington Post blog for a science fiction book that he had published under a pseudonym, without disclosing that he was the author of the book; Huffington Post retracted the posts.
Katz received his BA degree from Dartmouth College, his MD from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and his MPH from the Yale School of Public Health. He is board certified in preventive medicine.
- Hartwig, K.A., Dunville, R.L., Kim, M.H., Levy, B., Zaharek, M.M., Yanchou Njike, V., and Katz, D.L. Promoting Healthy People 2010 through Small Grants. Health Promotion Practice, in press, 2006.
- Katz, D.L., O'Connell, M., Yeh, M.C., Nawaz, H., Njike, V., Anderson, L.M., Cory, S., and Dietz, W. Public Health Strategies for Preventing and Controlling Overweight and Obesity in School and Worksite Settings: A Report on Recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive Services. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 54(RR-10): 1-12, 2005.
- Katz, D.L. Lifestyle and Dietary Modification for Prevention of Heart Failure. Medical Clinics of North America 88(5): 1295-1320, 2004.
- "David Katz CV" (PDF). Retrieved 5 March 2014.[self-published source?]
- "Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center Awarded $1.2 Million in Grants From the CDC That Benefit Valley, State" (Press release). YaleNews. 27 September 2000.[self-published source?]
- "Research Across the Spectrum: Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center", Yale School of Medicine, Yale University. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- Hamblin, James (2014-03-24). "Science Compared Every Diet, and the Winner Is Real Food". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "David L. Katz". Retrieved 20 October 2013.[self-published source?]
- "David L. Katz, MD". www.davidkatzmd.com. Retrieved 2016-09-04.[self-published source?]
- "David Katz M.D., Author at Naked Food Magazine". Naked Food Magazine. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Palus, Shannon (20 November 2015). "Yale doc loses 2 HuffPo blog posts after secretly promoting his novel". Retraction Watch.
- "Verification of Certifications (Certification Number: 051517)". American Board of Preventive Medicine. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- "David L. Katz". Public Health Yale. Archived from the original on 7 September 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2014.