David L. Reich
David L. Reich is an American academic anesthesiologist who became President and Chief Operating Officer of the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City in October 2013. From 2004 to 2014, he served as the Chair of the Department of Anesthesiology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Reich is the Horace W. Goldsmith Professor of Anesthesiology.
Reich was among the first to demonstrate the utility of electronic medical records for large-scale retrospective investigations demonstrating the association of intraoperative hemodynamic abnormalities with adverse postoperative outcomes.
Reich has published over 30 chapters and over 110 peer-reviewed articles. He is associate editor of Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia (Elsevier), which is in its sixth edition, and used to be Editor-in-Chief of Seminars in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. He is editor of the text Monitoring in Anesthesia and Perioperative Care (Cambridge University Press) and co-editor of the text "Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography" (Elsevier), which are in their first editions.
Reich graduated from Penn State in 1980 and from Jefferson Medical College in 1982 (Five-Year Cooperative Program in Medicine). He completed two years of general surgery residency at Harbor/UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, California. Reich arrived at Mount Sinai Medical Center in 1984, where he completed an anesthesiology residency and a fellowship in cardiothoracic anesthesia at in 1987. He was appointed Co-Director of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia in 1990 and was named Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology at Mount Sinai Medical Center in 2004. In January 2013 he was named Interim President of Mount Sinai Hospital; in October of the same year he was named President. On November 24, 2002, The New York Times reported the commitment ceremony of Reich to Keith Loren Marran stating that: "Keith Loren Marran Jr. and Dr. David Louis Reich are to celebrate their partnership today with a commitment ceremony at the Bloom Ballroom in Manhattan. Judge Paul G. Feinman of New York City Civil Court in Manhattan will officiate." 
- U.S. Content Director for the International Organization for Terminology in Anesthesia (IOTA) of the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation.
- Former Co-Chair of Blood Filtration Committee, American Association of Medical Instrumentation
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
- Reich DL (Mar 2010). "Central nervous system protection in cardiac surgery". Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 14 (1): 32–7. doi:10.1177/1089253210362595. PMID 20472620.
- Rhee AJ, Fischer GW, Reich DL (2010). "Manifestation of Aortic Root Abscess From Acute Bacterial Endocarditis". J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 25 (1): 192–5. doi:10.1053/j.jvca.2010.02.002. PMID 20434926.
- Hiratzka LF, Bakris GL, Beckman JA, Bersin RM, Carr VF, Casey D Jr, Eagle KA, Hermann LK, Isselbacher EM, Kazerooni EA, Kouchoukos NT, Lytle BW, Milewicz DM, Reich DL, Sen S, Shinn JA, Svensson LG, Williams DM, Jacobs AK, Smith SC Jr, Anderson JL, Adams CD, Buller CE, Creager MA, Ettinger SM, Guyton RA, Halperin JL, Hunt SA, Krumholz HM, Kushner FG, Nishimura R, Page RL, Riegel B, Stevenson WG, Tarkington LG, Yancy CW, Lewin JC, May C, Bradfield L, Stewart MD, Keller S, Barrett EA, Welsh JM, Brown N, Whitman GR; American College of Cardiology Foundation; American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines; American Association for Thoracic Surgery; American College of Radiology; American Stroke Association; Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists; Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions; Society of Interventional Radiology; Society of Thoracic Surgeons; Society for Vascular Medicine. 2010 ACCF/AHA/AATS/ACR/ASA/SCA/SCAI/SIR/STS/SVM Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Patients with Thoracic Aortic Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010 Apr 6;55(14):e27-e129. No abstract available. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2010.02.015 PMID 20359588
- Scurlock C, Mincer JS, Reich DL (Apr 2010). "Invited commentary". Ann Thorac Surg. 89 (4): 1226. doi:10.1016/j.athoracsur.2010.01.021. PMID 20338339.
- Fischer GW, Benni PB, Lin HM, Satyapriya A, Afonso A, Di Luozzo G, Griepp RB, Reich DL. Mathematical model for describing cerebral oxygen desaturation in patients undergoing deep hypothermic circulatory arrest" Br J Anaesth 2010 Jan;104(1):59-66. doi:10.1093/bja/aep335 PMID 19933513
- Levin MA, Lin HM, Castillo JG, Adams DH, Reich DL, Fischer GW. (Oct 2009). "Early on-cardiopulmonary bypass hypotension and other factors associated with vasoplegic syndrome". Circulation. 120 (17): 1664–71. doi:10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.814533. PMID 19822810.
- Mazzeffi M, Stone M, Stelzer P, Reich DL. "Anticoagulation Management in a Patient With Antiphospholipid Antibodies Requiring Repeat Sternotomy. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2009 Jun 13. doi:10.1053/j.jvca.2009.04.017 PMID 19525127
- Reich DL, Galati M (Apr 2009). "An American view American and European anesthesia reimbursement policies' effects on the adoption of novel techniques". J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 23 (2): 140–1. doi:10.1053/j.jvca.2009.01.023. PMID 19324281.
- Reich DL, Galati M, Krol M, Bodian CA, Kahn RA (Dec 2008). "A mission-based productivity compensation model for an academic anesthesiology department". Anesth Analg. 107 (6): 1981–8. doi:10.1213/ane.0b013e31818ca31c. PMID 19020149.
- Reich DL (Jun 2008). "Controlling data flow enhances anesthesiology's role in perioperative care". J Clin Monit Comput. 22 (3): 221–4. doi:10.1007/s10877-008-9122-3. PMID 19309793.
- Bloomberg News Bloomberg profile of David L. Reich Page accessed May 3, 2015
- "David L. Reich, MD, Named President of The Mount Sinai Hospital". Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "David Reich, MD, Named Interim President Of The Mount Sinai Hospital - Digital Journal". Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- Anesthesiology.org – Development of a Module for Point-of-care Charge Capture and Submission Using an Anesthesia Information Management System.
- The New York Times, November 24, 2002.
- Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists