David Lagourie Gosling
David L. Gosling is an academic supervisor in the University of Cambridge. He trained in nuclear physics and has held positions in the universities of Hull, Delhi (St. Stephen’s College), the East-West Center in Hawaii, and at the World Council of Churches in Geneva, where he was director of Church and Society.
From 2006-10 he was principal of Edwardes College in the University of Peshawar; he has taught in the Faculty of Education in the University of Cambridge, where he was also Spalding Fellow at Clare Hall College, Cambridge.
He is a Chartered Physicist (C Phys), a Fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society (FRAS), a Fellow of the International Society for Science and Religion (FISSR) and has published on ecological and scientific issues in south Asia, and on nuclear power. He was science consultant for the BBC Two Natural History series “Wonders of the Monsoon”.
- Science and Development in Thai and South Asian Buddhism (2020; sole author);
- India's response to Darwin (2016; sole author);
- Frontier of Fear: Confronting the Taliban on Pakistan's Border (2016; sole author);
- Pakistan’s role in securing a permanent Afghan peace (2011; S. Halper, ed; The Afghan End-Game, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington);
- Science and the Indian Tradition: When Einstein met Tagore (2007; sole author);
- Religion and Ecology in India and Southeast Asia (2001; sole author);
- Nuclear Crisis: A Question of Breeding (1977; co-author)