David Lee (volleyball)
|Full name||David Cameron Lee|
|Born||March 8, 1982|
Alpine, California, United States
|Height||2.03 m (6 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||105 kg (231 lb)|
|Spike||350 cm (140 in)|
|Block||325 cm (128 in)|
|College(s)||Long Beach State|
|Current club||Kochi Blue Spikers|
|Last updated: 21 August 2016|
David Cameron Lee (born March 8, 1982) is an American volleyball player, currently playing for Indian Club, Kochi Blue Spikers. As a member of the United States men's national volleyball team, he is an Olympic Champion at the 2008 Summer Olympics, an Olympic bronze medalist at the 2016 Summer Olympics, and a three-time Olympian (2008, 2012, 2016). He is also a two-time NORCECA Champion (2007, 2013), a gold medalist at the 2015 World Cup, and a gold medalist of the World League (2008, 2014).
As a junior at Long Beach State in 2003, he was named to the All-Mountain Pacific Sports Federation (MPSF) second team and led the conference with a .483 hitting percentage. As a senior in 2004, he was named an American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) First Team All-American. He helped Long Beach State to the 2004 NCAA championship match, where they lost to BYU in the longest championship match in NCAA men's volleyball history. Long Beach State held two championship points, but did not convert and lost 3-2, 19-17 in the fifth game.
U.S. national team
Lee joined the U.S. national team in 2005. He became a part-time starter in 2007, splitting time with Tom Hoff and finishing the season second on the team in blocks. Lee was the team's second-leading blocker and third overall at the 2007 World Cup, where the U.S. finished fourth.
Lee made his Olympic debut with the U.S. national team in 2008 in Beijing, China, helping Team USA win the gold medal. He competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London and finished in 5th place with the U.S. team. He went on to compete at his third Olympics in 2016 in Rio, and won the bronze medal with his U.S. teammates.
- 2011-12 CEV Men's Cup – Champion, with Dynamo Moscow
- 2015-16 Greek Volleyball League - Champion, with P.A.O.K. V.C.
- 2017-18 Liga de Voleibol Argentina – Champion, with UPCN Vóley
- 2005 America's Cup, Gold medal
- 2005 NORCECA Championship, Gold medal
- 2007 FIVB World League, Bronze medal
- 2007 NORCECA Championship, Gold medal
- 2008 FIVB World League, Gold medal
- 2008 Summer Olympics, Gold medal
- 2009 NORCECA Championship, Silver medal
- 2011 NORCECA Championship, Silver medal
- 2013 NORCECA Championship, Gold medal
- 2015 FIVB World League
- 2015 FIVB World Cup
- 2016 Olympic Games
- Evans, B. J. David Lee making a name for himself. USA Volleyball (June 8, 2008). Retrieved on August 18, 2008.
- Reynolds, Jeff; Kauffman, Bill. BYU wins National Championship BYU Athletic Department (May 8, 2004). Retrieved on August 18, 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to David Lee (volleyball).|
| Best Blocker of
CEV Champions League
| Best Middle Blocker of
FIVB World League
ex aequo Lucas Saatkamp