David Leonard (musician)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In addition to a solo career, as a guitarist and vocalist he has worked with many luminaries in the music business, including Melanie, Chuck Berry, James Montgomery, James Cotton, Cyndi Lauper, Benjy King, Tommy Shaw (Styx), Werner Fritzching, The April Fools, The Well Hungarians, Allen Fryer, (Heaven), and many, many others.
His projects have included the installation of a studio in upstate New York, and the recording of a collection of his solo work, The Quickening, released on a private label, on August 16, 2010. Guest artists appearing on this record include Rick Derringer, Chris Spedding, Will Lee, Steve Holley, Charles Torres, Doug Maxwell, Kati Mac and Sherryl Marshall. Along with seven original compositions and a song co-written with Richard Lloyd, the record features covers of Beatles, Dylan and Roky Erickson songs. The Quickening was mixed and mastered by Doug Maxwell for Media Right Productions.
- The Rezillos Can't Stand the Rezillos (Vocals) (Sire Records, 1980)
- The David Leonard Group (Guitar, Vocals) (Geffen Records, 1984)
- Way Out West (Guitar, Vocals) (MCA Records, 1986)
- Witness (Lead vocalist) (CBS Records, 1991)
- Richard Lloyd Real Time (Guitar, Vocals) (Celluloid Records, 1987)
- Richard Lloyd The Cover Doesn't Matter (Songwriter) (Upsetter Music, 2001)
|This article about a United States guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|