||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, novelist, director, producer|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
David Levien is an American screenwriter, novelist, director, and producer. Best known as the co-writer of Ocean's Thirteen and Rounders, Levien has also produced films such as The Illusionist and The Lucky Ones. Levien frequently collaborates on projects with his writing partner Brian Koppelman.
As a novelist, he has published City of the Sun, Where the Dead Lay, 13 Million Dollar Pop, and Signature Kill. Earlier works are often published under D. J. Levien.
Levien studied at the University of Michigan.
- Rounders (1998), writer
- Knockaround Guys (2001), director, writer, producer
- Interview with the Assassin (2002), producer
- Runaway Jury (2003), writer
- Walking Tall (2004), writer
- The Illusionist (2006), producer
- Ocean's Thirteen (2007), writer
- The Untouchables: Capone Rising (2008), writer
- The Lucky Ones (2008), producer
- Solitary Man (2009), director
- The Girlfriend Experience (2009), writer
- Runner Runner (2013), writer, producer
Frank Behr novels
- City of the Sun (2008)
- Where the Dead Lay (2009)
- Thirteen Million Dollar Pop (2011)
- Signature Kill (2014)
- Wormwood (1999)
- Swagbelly: A Novel for Today's Gentleman (2003)
- The Contract (2012)
- "Knock-out Whist" (2015)
- Block, Lawrence, ed. (30 April 2015). Dark City Lights: New York Stories (Have a NYC). Three Rooms Press.
- "Billions Co-Creator Explains Why the Show's Main Characters Meditate". ABC News. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
David Levien is my creative partner, he and I both practice Transcendental Meditation … and we have found tremendous benefit in it.