David Linden (politician)
|Member of Parliament|
for Glasgow East
|Assumed office |
9 June 2017
|Preceded by||Natalie McGarry|
|Born||14 May 1990|
|Political party||Scottish National Party|
Linden grew up in Cranhill in the East End of Glasgow, Scotland. He was educated at Milncroft Primary School (now demolished and replaced by Cranhill Primary), Garrowhill Primary School and then Bannerman High School in Baillieston. He left school at the age of sixteen and undertook an apprenticeship in Business Administration with Glasgow City Council.
At the 2017 snap election, the sitting MP for Glasgow East, Natalie McGarry, was not reselected by the SNP. Linden was instead selected as the candidate for the seat. He was elected, with a narrow majority of just 75 votes over Kate Watson of the Labour Party. He wore his old Bannerman High School tie for being sworn in.
Linden is married to Roslyn, whom he met at church, and they have a son and daughter together.
- "Members' Names Data Platform query". UK Parliament. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "No. 27885". The Edinburgh Gazette. 19 June 2017. p. 1077.
- Kathleen Speirs (9 June 2017). "Glasgow's two new MPs - everything you need to know". Glasgow Live. MGN. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Local campaigner David Linden eyes SNP candidacy for Natalie McGarry's Glasgow East seat". CommonSpace. 19 April 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "David Linden". The SNP. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- Sim, Philip (16 June 2017). "First week at work for Scotland's new MPs". BBC News. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Paterson, Kirsteen (20 June 2017). "New SNP MP David Linden: Vote count was as nerve-wracking as my son's birth". The National.
- Rodger, Hannah (10 June 2017). "Election 2017: Meet Glasgow's new boys in town". The Herald. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Paterson, Stewart (22 May 2017). "Election 2017: New candidate David Linden looking for success". Evening Times. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Profile on SNP website
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
for Glasgow East
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for a Scottish constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2017 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|