David Low (footballer)
This page is a new unreviewed article. This template should be removed once the page has been reviewed by someone other than its creator; if necessary the page should be appropriately tagged for cleanup. (February 2018)
|Date of birth||23 November 1983|
|Place of birth||Singapore|
|2005||Tampines Rovers SC 1951|
|2006||Tampines Rovers FC|
|2007||South West Phoenix FC|
|2008||Western Mass Pioneers|
|2009||FC Concordia Basel|
|2011||J.W. Rangsit F.C.|
|2014||Santa Ana Winds FC|
|2016||Cosmos de Bafia|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
David Low (born 23 November 1983 in Singapore) is a Singaporean former footballer. He is mostly for his peripatetic career which has taken him to 11 different countries, including Singapore and sees retired American footballer Jay DeMerit as an inspiration.
Traveling to Mongolia in 2012 to play for Khoromkhon of the local Premier League, the Singaporean midfielder lived in an apartment with the other foreign imports, helping them clinch that year's Borgio Cup, beating Ulaanbaatar City Bank 7-0 in the final. He then steered them to a second-place finish in the league.
Landing a deal with Cosmos de Bafia of the Cameroonian Elite One in 2016, Low was on the bench for Cosmos in a league encounter against Botafogo, leading people to question his Asian origin, with many thinking he was Chinese.
- "David Low: The Nomadic Singapore Footballer". FourFourTwo. 2017-07-17. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Today, 18 August 2012, Page 8". Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Football: Exams affect Southern United". Otago Daily Times Online News. 2013-11-02. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Singaporean signs for Mongolian club". www.news.mn | Мэдээллийн эх сурвалж. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Today - 2nd Edition, 19 July 2012, Page 56". Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Camfoot.com. "Ligue 1 : Un Singapourien avec Cosmos - Camfoot.com". www.camfoot.com (in French). Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Fieldoo Profile
- David Low, pemain Singapura yang menjelajah dunia (bahagian 1)
- What They're Saying: David Low
- Journeyman Low wants milestone end to 13-year career
- Footballers living on the breadline: low wages, short contracts and no security
- The globe-trotting footballer
|This biographical article related to Singaporean association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|