David M. Allen
|David M Allen|
|Birth name||David M. Allen|
26 June 1953 |
|Genres||Rock, new wave, electronic, synthpop|
|Instruments||Bass, vocals, keyboards|
|Associated acts||Pinpoint, The Human League, The Cure|
David M. Allen is a British record producer, engineer and mixer. He is mostly known for his work with new wave, synthpop and goth rock bands including The Cure, The Sisters of Mercy, The Chameleons, Depeche Mode, The Mission, The Associates, The Human League, Clan of Xymox, Gianna Nannini, Shelleyan Orphan and others. He also produced Neneh Cherry's hit album Man.
He created Blank Multimedia in 1994 operating from the home of XFM during 1995–1997, designed websites for Chrysalis Records and Rough Trade Records, and made an interactive cross-platform CD+ featuring The Plunge Club with music from Andy M. Wright. Blank organised a 24-hour Internet art gallery, groundbreaking for its time.
Selected discography (as producer)
- The Members – Going West
- The Cure – The Top
- The Cure – The Head on the Door
- The Cure – Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me
- The Cure – Disintegration
- The Cure – Wish
- The Sisters Of Mercy – First And Last And Always
- The Chameleons – Strange Times
- The Associates – Waiting for the Love Boat
- Wire - Manscape
- Gianna Nannini - Scandalo
- Poems for Laila - La filette triste
- Gianna Nannini - X Forza E X Amore
- Gianna Nannini - Dispetto
- The Damned - Not of This Earth
- Frente - Shape
- Feline - Save Your Face
- Neneh Cherry - Man
- The Mission - Aura
- The Mission - The Brightest Light
- David M. Allen - The Genetic Tape
- Sennen - Lost Harmony
- The Psychedelic Furs - Book of Days
- Pinpoint discography at Discogs
- Chadbourne, Eugene. "Biography: Dave Allen". Allmusic. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- Maçek III, J.C. (4 December 2013). "The Mission: The Brightest Light". PopMatters.
- Bonini, Alessandro; Tamagnini, Emanuele (2006). New wave. Gremese Editore. pp. 101–102. ISBN 978-88-8440-412-1. Retrieved 5 January 2011.