David M. Wilson
Sir David Mackenzie Wilson (born 30 October 1931) is a British archaeologist, art historian, and museum curator, specialising in Anglo-Saxon art and the Viking Age. He is the former Director of the British Museum (1977 – 1992).
Life and career
Wilson lives on the Isle of Man.
- 1964. Anglo-Saxon Ornamental Metalwork 700–1100, in the British Museum, British Museum Press.
- 1970. The Vikings and their Origins: Scandinavia in the first millennium, Thames and Hudson.
- 1984. Anglo-Saxon: Art From The Seventh Century To The Norman Conquest, Thames and Hudson (US edn. Overlook Press).
- 1992. Anglo-Saxon Paganism, Routledge.
- "Kingswood Association News – Kingswood School, Bath". May 2015. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences: David Wilson". Retrieved 2009-05-01.[dead link]
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a British archaeologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|