Peter Basil Harrison
3 April 1913
Wick, Worcestershire, England
|Died||15 December 1983 (aged 70)|
(m. 1937; died 1983)
|Children||4, including Kika and Petra Markham|
|Relatives||Roger Lloyd-Pack (son-in-law)|
In 1937 he married Olive Dehn (1914–2007), a BBC Radio dramatist. They had four daughters: Sonia, an illustrator; Kika (b. 1940), an actress, widow of actor Corin Redgrave; Petra (b. 1944), an actress; and Jehane, a poet and dramatist, widow of actor Roger Lloyd-Pack.
David Markham appeared occasionally in cinema and often on television. He appeared in Carol Reed's film The Stars Look Down (1939) and in François Truffaut's films Two English Girls (1972), in which he plays a fortuneteller with his daughter Kika, and Day for Night (1973). He played the father of Robin Phillips in two films, Two Gentlemen Sharing in 1969, and again in Tales From The Crypt in 1972.
- Murder in the Family (1938) - Michael Osborne
- The Stars Look Down (1940) - Arthur Barras
- The Blakes Slept Here (1953) - Edward
- The Dawn Killer (1959) - Mr. Hawkes
- Last of the Long-haired Boys (1968) - Brindle
- Two Gentlemen Sharing (1969) - Mr. Pater - Roddy's Father
- Family Life (1971)
- Blood from the Mummy's Tomb (1971) - Doctor Burgess
- Two English Girls (1972) - Palmist
- Tales From The Crypt (1972) - Father - Edward Elliot (segment 3 "Poetic Justice")
- Z.P.G. (1972) - Dr. Herrick
- Day for Night (1973) - Doctor Michael Nelson
- La guerre du pétrole n'aura pas lieu (1975) - Thomson
- Feelings (1975) - Professor Roland
- The Three Hostages (1977) - Greenslade
- La petite fille en velours bleu (1978) - Consul
- Meetings with Remarkable Men (1979) - Dean Borsh
- Tess (1979) - Reverend Clare
- Richard's Things (1980) - Mr Morris
- The Life and Times of David Lloyd George (1981) TV series - Herbert Henry Asquith
- Winston Churchill: The Wilderness Years (1981) (mini) TV series - Marlborough
- Gandhi (1982) - Older Englishman
- "David Markham - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "David Markham".
- Karpf, Anne (31 March 2007). "Obituary: Olive Dehn". The Guardian.
- Nicholas Tucker, "Obituary. Olive Dehn: Poet and children's writer", The Independent, 7 April 2007
- Jonathan Croall: Don't You Know There's a War On?, 1988
- "David Markham". www.aveleyman.com.
- "David Markham - Movies and Filmography - AllMovie". AllMovie.