|Full name||David Martot|
|Date of birth||February 1, 1981|
|Place of birth||Fécamp, France|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|1998–2001||Le Havre AC|
|2001–2008||Le Havre AC||111||(11)|
|2007–2008||→ Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)||26||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:35, 13 July 2012 (UTC).
Martot came via the youth system at Le Havre to their "B" side in season 2001-02. He progressed to the first team in the following season, appearing 25 times in Ligue 1 and scoring two goals. He made the same number of appearances in the 2003-04 season, albeit in Ligue 2 after Le Havre were relegated, scoring just once. In 2004-05, Martot took part in only six games, but still added one goal to his career total. He managed five goals in 32 appearances during the 2005-06 campaign, and scored twice in 23 games the following season.
Martot joined Brighton on loan for a planned three-month period on August 31, 2007, the last day of the English transfer window. He made his Albion debut during the 3-2 win over Southend on 1 September, playing on the right side of midfield. Martot was often used as a substitute for Brighton during his time there, and came on in the next game against Millwall, scoring the first of his total of two goals for the club. His second goal was scored in a Football League Trophy game at home to Cheltenham in November 2007.
Martot's provisional loan deal at Brighton was due to expire at the end of November 2007, but the club agreed to extend this deal by a further month until the end of December 2007. It was subsequently revealed that Martot had agreed to stay on loan at the Withdean until the end of the 2007-08 season.
- Le Havre profile and statistics: L'Equipe website.
- Joins Brighton, August 2007: BBC.co.uk website.
- Brighton debut v. Southend: Southend United F.C. website.
- First goal for Brighton v. Millwall: Millwall F.C. website.
- Second goal for Brighton, FL Trophy v. Cheltenham, November 2007: soccerbase.com website.
- Loan deal extended at Brighton, until end of season 2007-08: TEAMtalk.com website.
- McFaul, Rents and Martot all leave The Argus, 6 May 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2008