David Mayo (American football)
Mayo (center) with the Carolina Panthers in 2018
|No. 55 – New York Giants|
|Born:||August 18, 1993|
St. Helens, Oregon
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||St Helens High School Freshman Scappoose|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 5 / Pick: 169|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
David Mayo (born August 18, 1993) is an American football linebacker for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft. He played college football at Texas State.
San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants
On September 2, 2019, Mayo was signed by the New York Giants. In week 5 against the New England Patriots, Mayo recorded a team high 13 tackles and shared a sack of Tom Brady with teammate Antoine Bethea in the 35-14 loss. 
- Panthers draft pick David Mayo's long road to NFL included a stop in a shed
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- Posey, Kyle (March 14, 2019). "49ers sign former Panthers LB David Mayo to a two-year deal". Ninersnation.com. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "49ers announce final 53 man roster". 49ers.com. August 31, 2019. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- Eisen, Michael (September 2, 2019). "Giants waive LB B.J. Goodson, sign LB David Mayo". Giants.com.
- "Patriots force 4 turnovers, beat Giants 35-14 to reach 6-0". www.espn.com. October 10, 2019. Retrieved October 10, 2019.