David McNally (professor)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
David McNally is an activist and the Cullen Distinguished Professor of History and Business at the University of Houston. He was previously (1983-2018) a professor of Political Science at York University in Toronto, Ontario, and past chair of the university's Department of Political Science. He is the author of many books and scholarly articles and the winner of the 2012 Deutscher Memorial Award and the 2012 Paul Sweezy Award.
He has a long history of involvement with and support for social justice movements and organizations.
He has published many books, including:
- Monsters of the Market: Zombies, Vampires and Global Capitalism, Boston: Brill, 2011/ Chicago: Haymarket, 2013. Winner of the 2012 Deutscher Memorial Award.
- Global Slump: The Economics and Politics of Crisis and Resistance, Oakland, CA: PM Press, 2010. Winner of the 2012 Paul Sweezy Award.
- Another World is Possible: Globalization and Anti-Capitalism, Winnipeg: Arbeiter Ring Publishing, first edition 2001, second edition 2006. 2005
- Bodies of Meaning: Studies on Language, Labor, and Liberation, Albany: State University of New York Press, 2000
- Against the Market: Political Economy, Market Socialism and the Marxist Critique, London: Verso, 1993
- Political Economy and the Rise of Capitalism, Berkeley: University of California Press, 1988
He has contributed over 60 articles to journals such as Historical Materialism, Capital and Class, History of Political Thought, New Politics and Studies in Political Economy.
- 2012 Deutscher Memorial Award for Monsters of the Market: Zombies, Vampires and Global Capitalism
- 2012 Paul Sweezy Award from American Sociological Association for Global Slump: The Economics and Politics of Crisis and Resistance
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: David McNally (professor)|
|This biography of a Canadian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|