|CEO of Ipsen|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Marc de Garidel|
David Meek Jr
12 September 1963
|Education||Bachelor of Arts, University of Cincinnati (2000)|
David Meek (born September 12, 1963) is an American businessman. He has over 25 years of international experience in the pharmaceutical industry. He held various global executive positions in major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
David Meek holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Business Administration and Management from the University of Cincinnati.
In January 2001, he began his career as National Field Sales Director CNS and Primary Care in Janssen Biotech, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson (until December 2004 based in Titusville, NJ).
He later joined Novartis Pharmaceuticals ($NVS), where he ran the company's respiratory and dermatology franchise in Switzerland (January 2005 – June 2007) before heading up operations in Canada (CEO & President, June 2007 - January 2010)  and later running its oncology biz in Europe (January 2010 - August 2012).
He later joined Baxter International Inc. as Head of Oncology division (July 2014 - June 2015, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts).
In July 2016, the Board of Directors of Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY), has appointed David Meek as Chief Executive Officer, effective July 18, 2016. David Meek will be based at Ipsen’s headquarters in Boulogne-Billancourt, a suburb of Paris.
On July 10, 2017 less than a year into the job, Davis Meek laid out a strategy to acquire cancer, neurological and rare-disease treatments. So Ipsen aims for sales to rise to more than 2.5 billion euros in 2020 from almost 1.7 billion euros last year.
- "David Meek biography". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "David Meek, CEO Novartis Canada". Canada's research. Retrieved 2008-10-16.
- "ENDOCYTE APPOINTS DAVID MEEK TO NEWLY CREATED POSITION OF CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER". Endocyte. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "David Meek leaves Novartis to join Endocyte as first chief commercial officer". PMlive. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- "Endocyte appoints Novartis vet David Meek as chief commercial officer". Center watch. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- "Baxalta's oncology chief builds out company's third leg". Medical marketing and media - Larry Dobrow. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Baxalta: The fastest-growing oncology drug 'startup' in Kendall Square". Boston business journal. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- "David Meek, president of oncology division of Baxalta". Baxalta. Retrieved 2015-07-11.
- "Ipsen Names David Meek CEO". Nasdaq. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "David Meek appointed CEO Ipsen". Pharma Forum - Richard Staines. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "After Baxalta-Shire merger, David Meek lands CEO job at leaderless Ipsen". Fiercebiotech - Ben Adams. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "David Meek appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Ipsen". Business Wire. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "Ex-Baxalta exec David Meek takes Paris-based helm for Ipsen". Endpoints news - John Carroll. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "Combined-Shareholders-Meeting-of-IPSEN" (PDF). Ipsen.
- "Combined-Shareholders-Meeting-of-IPSEN says small is beautiful when scouting for new medicines". Bloomberg.
- - David Meek - National Pharmaceutical Congress Part 1 - Toronto, March 25, 2009
- - David Meek - National Pharmaceutical Congress Part 2 - Toronto, March 25, 2009
- - David Meek - CEO Ipsen since July 2016
Marc de Garidel
| CEO of Ipsen