Following a Michigan Wolverines football game November 1, 2008
|Date of birth:||September 2, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||298 lb (135 kg)|
|High school:||Libertyville High School|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
David Benjamin Moosman (born September 2, 1986) is an American football player who was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as a free agent following the 2010 NFL Draft. He had previously played four years for the Michigan Wolverines football team, where he was a regular starter on the offensive line as a redshirt junior and senior for the 2008 and 2009 teams.
In high school, Moosman led Libertyville High School in Libertyville, Illinois to an undefeated 2004 season and the Illinois High School Association state championship. He was named All-State as a senior by Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times and Champaign News-Gazette. Rivals.com ranked him as the eleventh ranked offensive guard in the nation and the number six prospect in Illinois. Scout.com ranked him as the number 17 offensive lineman in the nation. He was a three-year varsity wrestler and three-year varsity shot-putter on track. In wrestling, he qualified for the state championships three times.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Libertyville, Illinois||Libertyville (IL)||6 ft 4.5 in (1.94 m)||265 lb (120 kg)||5.3||Dec 19, 2004|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: NR|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 17 (OL) Rivals: 11 (OG), 6 (IL) ESPN: NR|
At Michigan, he played in 29 games, starting in 15 games at right guard and 8 games at center. As a junior, he started all 12 games at right guard and played every snap at right guard. As a senior, he started 3 games at right guard and 8 at center.
Moosman signed as an undrafted free agent with the Arizona Cardinals on April 24, 2010, after going undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft. An Arizona Cardinals fansite believed that he needed to bulk up to have a chance at success in the NFL. He was cut on August 30.
- "60 David Moosman". CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on March 6, 2011. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
- "David Moosman". Rivals.com. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
- "#50 David Moosman". Scout.com. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
- "How local players fared in the NFL draft". Detroit News. April 25, 2010. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
- "Evaluating the Arizona Cardinals Undrafted Free Agent Signings". Sportsblogs, Inc. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
- "Arizona Cardinals Transactions - 2010". ESPN.com. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- "Ivy League 1971". Ivyleaguesports.com. Archived from the original on January 15, 2010. Retrieved April 26, 2010.