|Born||David Raphael Moscow
November 14, 1974
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Partner(s)||Kerry Washington (2004–2007)|
David Raphael Moscow (born November 14, 1974) is an American actor. He is best known for his role as the young Josh Baskin in the 1988 film Big, in which his character was magically transformed into an adult played by Tom Hanks.
Early life and education
Moscow was born in New York City, the son of Patricia (née Sterner) and Jon Moscow. His mother's family is from Murray, Utah. His father is Jewish and his mother is Mormon, but he was not raised in either religion.
He is friends with Max Casella and Luke Edwards from the latter film. Moscow was engaged to actress Kerry Washington from October 2004 to March 2007. Also in 2007, the magazine Time Out New York reported Moscow's involvement in developing sustainable and economic housing in Harlem.
His younger brother Lev was an extra in Newsies and is a history teacher at The Beacon School in New York City.
Moscow is making his directorial debut in the psychological thriller, Desolation. He launched a Kickstarter to help fund post production with a video reenactment of the Zoltar "wish" scene from Big. The Kickstarter raised more than $70,000.
- I'll be Home for Christmas (1988) - David Bundy
- The Wizard of Loneliness (1988) — Jimmy Wiggen
- Big (1988) — Young Josh Baskin
- Live-In (1989) (television series) — Peter
- Living Dolls (1989) (television series) — Rick Carlin
- Newsies (1992) — David Jacobs
- White Wolves: A Cry in the Wild II (1993) - Adam
- River Red (1998) — Tom Holden
- Hurricane Streets (1998) — Shane
- Girl (1998) — Greg
- Side Streets (1999) — Bellboy
- Restaurant (1998) — Reggae
- Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane (1999) (television series) — Duncan Milch
- Loving Jezebel (2000) — Gabe Parks
- Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) — Lizard
- Just Married (2003) — Kyle
- Honey (2003) — Michael Ellis
- Nearing Grace (2005) — Blair Nearing
- Looking for Palladin (2008) — Josh Ross
- David & Layla (2007) — David Fine
- The End of America (2008) — Executive producer
- Turn Me On Dead Man (2008) — John
- Dead Air (2008) — Gil
- The Promotion (2008) - Painter
- Vacancy 2: The First Cut (2009) — Gordon
- David Moscow Biography (1974-), Film Reference
- "The Salt Lake Tribune - Archives". Nl.newsbank.com. 1992-04-10. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Pearlman, Jeff (September 15, 2015). "David Moscow". JeffPearlman.com. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- "Hampshire College - Alumni & Post-Grads". College Prowler. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Alexander, Bryan (December 28, 2013). "'Big' at 25: David Moscow grows up". USA Today. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- Plot Development - Time Out New York
- Rothman, Michael (October 6, 2015). "'Big' Star David Moscow Recreates Iconic Scene Almost 30 Years Later". ABC News. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- "Desolation". Kickstarter. Retrieved November 3, 2015.