|Education||PhD, Perception and Mathematical Psychology, UCLA
BS 1966, Engineering, UCLA
David Nagelis an American manager. He held executive positions in a wide variety of technology companies and organizations.
Prior to joining Palm, first as a member of the Palm Board of Directors and then as the first CEO of PalmSource, Nagel was the chief technology officer at AT&T and president of AT&T Labs. Before joining AT&T, he was senior vice president at Apple, where he led the worldwide research and development group responsible for Mac OS software especially Copland project, Macintosh hardware, imaging and other peripheral products development. Before joining Apple in 1988, Nagel was head of NASA human factors research. He resigned Apple and joined spectrum wireless in April, 1996
- Member, National Research Council Study Group on IT R&D Infrastructure
- Member, Board of Directors, Liberate, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors, Arcsoft
- Member, Board of Trustees, UCLA Foundation
- Emeritus Member, Board of the Tech Museum in San Jose, California
- Member, President Clinton's first Advisory Committee on High Performance Computing, Communication, and the Next Generation Internet, 1997
- Member, Federal Communications Commission's Technological Advisory Council, 1999
- Board Biography David Nagel from International Computer Science Institute
- "UCLA Engineering, Fall 2006". Archived from the original on July 4, 2008. Retrieved 2007-11-20.
- Nagel details Apple's plans for Newton, Copland, Net. (Apple Senior VP David Nagel) (Company Business and Marketing)(Interview) - Article from: Computer Reseller News | January 8, 1996 | Pang, Albert
- Apple loses research chief - David Nagel joins the team at AT&T Labs