|Full name||David Alejandro Oteo Rojas|
|Date of birth||July 23, 1973|
|Place of birth||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2011||Rio Grande Valley Grandes||14||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of August 9, 2011.
A central defender capable of filling in at left fullback, Oteo began his career with UNAM in the 1992-93 season. He became a starter that season and remained a regular in the Pumas lineup until leaving for Tigres in 1999. By 2001 he had formed a solid partnership with former UNAM teammate Claudio Suárez in a defense that carried Tigres to the Invierno 2001 final, where they lost to Pachuca. In 2003 Tigres again reached the final before losing to Pachuca, with Oteo now receiving much of his playing time at left back after the emergence of Hugo Sánchez Guerrero to join Suárez in the center. He joined Toluca for one season in 2004, playing infrequently, then moved to Atlante in 2005. The Clausura 2007 season was Oteo's last in the Mexican top division.
Oteo also represented Mexico from 1996 to 2004. His international career began in the 1996 U.S. Cup against Bolivia in Dallas on June 8, 1996. He was named to the squad for the 2001 FIFA Confederations Cup by coach Enrique Meza, playing in Mexico's 2-0 loss to Australia. After a spell out of the team under Javier Aguirre, Oteo returned after the appointment of Ricardo Antonio Lavolpe and appeared in Mexico's 8-0 World Cup qualifying victory over Dominica in 2004, scoring his first and only international goal. Oteo's twelfth and last cap came at the 2004 Copa America, in a 2-2 draw against Uruguay on July 7, 2004.
|1.||June 27, 2004||Estadio Victoria, Aguascalientes, Mexico||Dominica||6–0||8–0||2006 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- MedioTiempo. "David Oteo - Atlante". Retrieved on January 17, 2013.
- Méndez, Jessika. "Invierno 2001: Final de Ida entre Pachuca y Tigres". MedioTiempo, November 19, 2011. Retrieved on January 17, 2013.
- Morrison, Neil. "International Matches 1996 - Intercontinental, April-June". RSSSF, February 2, 2005. Retrieved on January 17, 2013.
- FIFA. "FIFA Player Statistics: David OTEO". Retrieved on January 17, 2013.
- FIFA. "Match Report - Mexico - Dominica 8:0". June 27, 2004. Retrieved on January 17, 2013.
- Tabeira, Martín. "Copa América 2004". RSSSF, December 6, 2012. Retrieved on January 17, 2013.
- FIFA. "Men's Olympic Football Tournament - Mexico - Squad List". Retrieved on January 17, 2013.
- David Oteo at National-Football-Teams.com