Pakman in 2012
|Residence||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Citizenship||United States, Argentina|
|Education||MBA – Bentley University|
BA – University of Massachusetts Amherst
|Alma mater||University of Massachusetts Amherst (BA)|
Bentley University (MBA)
|Occupation||Syndicated television, radio and Internet talk show host, political pundit, political analyst|
|Known for||The David Pakman Show|
David Pakman (born February 2, 1984) is an Argentinean-American television and radio host, political commentator, college instructor, and YouTube personality. He is the host of the internationally syndicated political television and talk radio program The David Pakman Show. He is also the managing director of Vivid Edge Media Group, which produces The David Pakman Show. A naturalized U.S. citizen, Pakman was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and was raised from age 5 in the United States. Pakman is a self-described liberal/progressive.
In addition to hosting The David Pakman Show, Pakman has appeared on numerous national, regional, local, and international media outlets providing political commentary. Pakman also works as a new media consultant, often working with independent programs and broadcast platforms. Pakman's first appearance on cable news was on Fox News on April 4, 2014, when he discussed the resignation of Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich. Pakman has appeared on CNN, HLN's Nancy Grace program, and HLN's Dr Drew on Call, and was featured in Mother Jones, the Boston Herald, The New York Times, and Wired.
Pakman was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina and immigrated to the United States with his family in 1989, when he was 5 years old. He grew up in Northampton, Massachusetts, and graduated from Northampton High School. Pakman says that he received "a relatively secular Jewish upbringing, but I've always been highly involved with my Jewish background, socially and culturally; I'm part of a local Jewish group and I attend their events. It's just generally how I identify." Pakman attended the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, Massachusetts, where he majored in economics and communications. He earned an MBA degree from Bentley University in Waltham, Massachusetts. Pakman worked several jobs as a high school and university student, and he has described his employment at now-defunct electronics retailer Circuit City.
The David Pakman Show
Pakman hosts The David Pakman Show, which is a television, radio, and internet political program. Begun in 2005 on a local radio station as a "hobby," according to Pakman, by 2011 the show aired on 100 stations, and on more than 160 television and radio outlets in 2014, including DirecTV and DISH Network through Free Speech TV, on YouTube, and via podcasts. The program first aired in August 2005 on WXOJ-LP ("Valley Free Radio"), located in Northampton, Massachusetts, as Midweek Politics with David Pakman, and has since been nationally syndicated.
Pakman has never been married. While his sexuality has been a topic of The David Pakman Show, Pakman has said he is heterosexual and that he considers himself a straight ally of the LGBT rights movement.
- O'Brien, George (25 April 2011). "2011 40 Under Forty: David Pakman". Business West. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "YouTube – David Pakman on Fox News: Mozilla CEO Resigns After Anti-Gay Donation". youtube.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Group Launches #Openzilla Campaign to Combat Intolerance of 'Faith Driven Views' | VICE News". news.vice.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Burrows, Peter (April 5, 2014). "OK, Cupid, Where's the Line? Mozilla CEO's Exit Over Gay Rights Shows Split in Valley – Bloomberg". bloomberg.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Press & News | The David Pakman Show". davidpakman.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "White supremacist suspect in Jewish Center shooting faces hate crime charges – Erin Burnett OutFront – - CNN.com Blogs". outfront.blogs.cnn.com. April 14, 2014. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "YouTube – David Pakman on Nancy Grace's HLN Show: KS Shooting Suspect Glenn Miller Interview". youtube.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "David Pakman on HLN Dr. Drew on Call: KS Shooting Suspect Glenn Miller – YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "LISTEN: Alleged Kansas Gunman Frazier Glenn Miller Discusses the Tea Party, Obama, and Ron Paul | Mother Jones". motherjones.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "KC rampage suspect told UMass grad: 'I hate all Jews' | Boston Herald". bostonherald.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Hess, Amanda (17 April 2017). "How YouTube's Shifting Algorithms Hurt Independent Media" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Want a Better Web? Here's an Idea: Pay for It – WIRED". www.wired.com.
- Judy Polan (April 8, 2010). "Q & A with David Pakman: Radio host becomes host of midweek politics". Retrieved March 7, 2011.
- "Question: What Were Your First Jobs? – YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Have You Worked in Retail? Have Funny Stories? – YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Hilarious Retail Stories – YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Bonus Show: First show at the Boston studio, Louis' Greece trip, much more". Twitter. Retrieved November 28, 2014.
- "Stations | The David Pakman Show". davidpakman.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "YouTube – Hatriot Mail: David's Boyfriend". youtube.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "Gay Teen Writes to Straight Ally for Help". YouTube. David Pakman Show. May 29, 2013. Retrieved August 7, 2014.