David Park (art historian)
David William Park (born 23 May 1952) is a Professor at the Courtauld Institute, London where he is the Director of the Conservation of Wall Painting Department. Park is a graduate of Manchester and Cambridge Universities and a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London since 1986.
- ‘The earliest Holy Kinship image, the Salomite controversy, and a little known centre of learning in northern England in the twelfth century’ (with M. Naydenova-Slade), Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes, 71 (2008), 95-119
- ‘Mural painting in Transcaucasia’, in Mural Paintings of the Silk Road: Cultural Exchanges between East and West (Proceedings of the 29th International Symposium on the Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Property, Tokyo, January 2006), ed. K. Yamauchi, Y. Taniguchi and T. Uno, London 2007, 3-8 (also published in the Japanese version of the Proceedings)
- ‘The painted decoration of Ewenny Priory and the development of Romanesque altar imagery’ (with S. Stewart), in Cardiff: Architecture and Archaeology in the Medieval Diocese of Llandaff (British Archaeological Association Conference Transactions, 29), ed. J. R. Kenyon and D. M. Williams, Leeds 2006, 42-59
- 'The painted plaster’ (with H. Howard), in Sherborne Abbey and School Excavations 1972-1976 and 1990, ed. L. Keen and P. Ellis, Dorchester 2005, 107-16
- 'Late medieval paintings at Carlisle’ (with S. Cather), in Carlisle and Cumbria: Roman and Medieval Architecture, Art and Archaeology (British Archaeological Association Conference Transactions, 27), ed. M. McCarthy and D. Weston, Leeds 2004, 214-31
- 'English medieval wall painting in an international context’, in Conserving the Painted Past: Developing Approaches to Wall Painting Conservation (Post-prints of an English Heritage conference, 1999), eds. R. Gowing and A. Heritage, London 2003, 1-8
- Catalogue entries in Gothic: Art for England 1400-1547, ed. R. Marks and P. Williamson (catalogue of exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum), London 2003
- ‘PARK, Prof. (William) David’, Who's Who 2013, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2013; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2012 ; online edn, Nov 2012 accessed 26 April 2013
- Professor David Park. The Courtauld Institute, 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2013. Archived here.
- List of Fellows. Society of Antiquaries of London, 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013. Archived here.
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|