David Platt (darts player)
|Full name||David Platt|
|Born||22 April 1967|
|Playing darts since||1986|
|Darts||Harrows Fire 23 gram|
|Walk-on music||"Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba|
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|Current world ranking||(BDO) 184|
|PDC premier events - best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Last 40: 2003|
|World Matchplay||Last 40: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005|
|UK Open||Last 32: 2004, 2007|
|Other tournament wins|
Russell Stewart Classic
Chester Hill Open
Platt competed at the 2003 PDC World Darts Championship, where he was defeated in the first round by Steve Brown of the United States. He returned to the World Championship in 2006, again losing in the first round to defending champion Phil Taylor.
Platt finished second behind Corey Cadby in the 2016 DPA Australian Grand Prix rankings, having led the standings heading into the final two ranking events of the year. He went on to win the Oceanic Masters, defeating New Zealand's Cody Harris in the final, to qualify for the 2017 PDC World Championship. After defeating John Bowles by a score of 2 sets to nil in the preliminary round, Platt lost to Taylor by a score of 3 sets to nil in a rematch of his first-round match in 2006.
World Championship results
- 2003: First round (lost to Steve Brown 2-4)
- 2006: First round (lost to Phil Taylor 0–3)
- 2017: First round (lost to Phil Taylor 0–3)
- "Platt Joins DPA Circuit". PDC.tv. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 14 October 2009.
- "Cadby Seals World Championship Spot". PDC.tv. 5 November 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "Platt Wins Oceanic Masters Title". PDC.tv. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "William Hill World Darts Championship Day Four". PDC. 18 December 2016. Archived from the original on 22 December 2016.
- Player profile on David Platt from Dartsdatabase
|This biographical article relating to sports in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This British biographical article related to darts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|