This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
David Preiss FRS (born 1947) is a professor of mathematics at the University of Warwick and the winner of the 2008 London Mathematical Society Pólya Prize for his 1987 result on Geometry of Measures, where he solved the remaining problem in the geometric theoretic structure of sets and measures in Euclidean space.
Preiss is recognised as having a unique lecturing style that blends together a multimedia demonstration and vocal lecturing: this has brought him much peer attention from within the Warwick Mathematics Institute.
- Erdős, Paul; Preiss, David (1976). "Decomposition of Spheres in Hilbert Spaces". Commentationes Mathematicae Universitatis Carolinae. 017 (4): 791–795.
- Preiss, David (1987). "Geometry of measures in R^n: Distribution, rectifiability, and densities". The Annals of Mathematics. 125 (3): 537–643.
- Mathematics Staff and Postgraduates, University of Warwick Institute of Mathematics. Revised 2 March 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- "List of LMS prize winners". London Mathematical Society. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- London Mathematical Society Prizes 2008, London Mathematical Society, Media release, 4 July 2008. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- Editorial Board, Real Analysis Exchange. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
|This article about a United Kingdom mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|