|Full name||David Rivas Rodríguez|
|Date of birth||2 December 1978|
|Place of birth||Dos Hermanas, Spain|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|1997–1998||→ Dos Hermanas (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He spent most of his 16-year professional career with Betis, appearing in 244 competitive games and winning the 2005 Copa del Rey. In La Liga, he amassed totals of 171 matches and seven goals during nine seasons.
Rivas was born in Dos Hermanas, Province of Seville. Having previously played with the club's B-side, he spent the vast majoriy of his professional career at Real Betis, making his first-team – and La Liga – debuts during the 1999–2000 season: his first game was on 21 August 1999 as he started in a 0–1 away loss against Athletic Bilbao, with his team eventually suffering relegation. He contributed with 20 second division matches in the following campaign, in an immediate promotion back.
Rivas went on to become an important defensive element for the Andalusians in the following years, becoming club captain and scoring four goals in 32 contests in 2004–05 as Betis achieved qualification honours to the UEFA Champions League (Juanito, the other stopper, added another four). Subsequently, however, dramatic loss of form and a bad run with injuries meant he featured sparingly for the team.
In July 2010, after only 42 league appearances in four seasons combined, 31-year-old Rivas left Betis and Spain for the first time, joining Liga I club FC Vaslui. In September of the following year, he returned to his country and signed for SD Huesca in the second level.
- "El Athletic exprime su constancia" [Athletic showcases consistency]. El País (in Spanish). 22 August 1999. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Con ocho basta si están Juanito y Rivas" [Eight is enough when Juanito and Rivas are around]. Diario AS (in Spanish). 28 October 2002. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "¿Qué fue de los héroes de la 2004/05? (Episodio I)" [What happened to 2004/05's heroes? (Episode I)] (in Spanish). Vídeos del Betis. 25 October 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "El Betis saca los colores a un conservador Getafe" [Betis humbles conservative Getafe]. El Mundo (in Spanish). 24 October 2004. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "El Betis pierde tres semanas a David Rivas" [Betis loses David Rivas three weeks]. Marca (in Spanish). 7 January 2008. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Rivas se pierde lo que queda de campaña y deja su ficha en el aire" [Rivas loses remainder of season and leaves uncertainty regarding roster spot]. El Correo de Andalucía (in Spanish). 14 September 2009. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Rivas estará de baja alrededor de un mes" [Rivas will be out of action for about one month] (in Spanish). El Desmarque. 25 February 2010. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Dani delivers for Betis". UEFA.com. 12 June 2005. Retrieved 27 April 2016.