David Roach (comics)
|Occupation||comic book artist|
David Roach is a British comic book artist and writer based in Wales, United Kingdom. Roach actively illustrates for many companies, including 2000 AD, Panini Comics, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Topps, and the gaming company Wizards of the Coast.
Roach started comic book illustration in the 1980s, self-publishing the Hellfire fanzine. Since 1988 Roach has worked as an inker and penciller for 2000 AD on such titles as Nemesis the Warlock, Judge Anderson, Judge Dredd and Synnamon.
Roach is associate editor of the U.S. based magazine Comic Book Artist, which is dedicated to the historical representation of comic-book characters. Roach was co-editor of The Warren Companion: The Definitive Compendium to the Great Comics of Warren Publishing (2001) the revised edition of the Slings and Arrows Comics Guide (2003) and The Superhero Book: The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Comic Book Icons and Hollywood Heroes (2004).
Roach's recent work has included working as storyboard artist and penciller of accompanying graphic novel, Hard Choices 'What happened on Algol?', for Ultramarines: The Movie both written by Dan Abnett and released on 29 November 2010.
- David Roach on 2000AD Official site
- Synnamon synopsis on 2000AD website
- The Warren Companion on Amazon.com
- Review of Slings and Arrows Comics Guide
- Lent, John (July 2007). "Comic Books and Comic Strips: A Bibliography of the Scholarly Literature", Choice 44 (11): 1855–67.
- The Superhero Book on Amazon.com
- list of David Roach's role playing book works archive
- Wizards of the Coast official site
- official Ultramarines movie site DVD release information
|This profile of a British comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|