David Robinson (drummer)
|Born||April 2, 1949|
Malden, Massachusetts, United States
|Genres||Rock, new wave|
|Years active||1960s-1988, 2010-present|
David Robinson (born April 2, 1949) is an American rock drummer. He has performed with many rock bands including the Rising Tide, the Modern Lovers, the Pop!, DMZ and the Cars. In 2018, Robinson was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Cars.
In 2010, Robinson reunited with the surviving original members of The Cars to record their first album in 24 years, titled Move Like This. He had to relearn how to play the drums since (aside from loose jamming on the congas) he had stopped playing in 1987. After completion of Move Like This, Robinson said that he would be interested in working on more studio albums.
- "'Dedicated to David' Tribute Page". tumblr.com.
- Lewis, Uncle Dave. "Biography: Modern Lovers". AMG. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Biography: The Cars". AMG. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- "The Cars". Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Lisa Robinson. "Cars Travel Smooth Road." Seattle Times, August 11, 1978, p. T-8.
- "1972 The Cars "Heartbeat City" Album Cover". Peterphillips.com. October 2, 2013.
- Blackard, Cap. "David Robinson of the Cars discusses epic return…". consequenceofsound.net.