This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Director, actor, writer|
David Sant is a Catalan mime artist, acrobat, puppeteer, stuntman, director, actor and writer.
Early life and career
Sant was born in Spain in 1968. He discovered the theatre at the age of seventeen thanks to his literature teacher.
He moved to the UK in the early nineties where he performed and directed for many physical theatre companies winning several awards at different international festivals. In 2006 he was approached by the BBC to bring his comedy skills to television and has been directing sitcoms and comedy dramas ever since.
He is best known for the role of Cartoon Head from series two of the British television show Ideal and is also known for playing the title role and the other male characters in the season 5–6 revival of Pingu, replacing Carlo Bonomi. He has directed many television series including Jonathan Creek, Benidorm and Stella.
He has also appeared in theatrical roles, including Mindbender, presented by the theatre company Peepolykus, and All in the Timing by David Ives, also presented by Peepolykus.
- Pinga In A Box (2005)
- Fast Forward (1991)
- My Spy Family
- Not Waving (2005)
- The Golf War (2007)
- Living with Two People You Like Individually... But Not as a Couple (2007)
- Comedy Cuts (2007)
- Coming of Age (2007–8)
- The Gym (2008)
- Scallywagga (2010)
- My Family (2003) - Restaurant Waiter
- Pingu (2003–6) - various characters (voice)
- Doctor Who (2005) - Auton
- Ideal (2005–11) - Cartoon Head, Enrique
- Columbus: The Lost Voyage (2007) - Bartolome Columbus
- Time Trumpet (2006) - Himself
- Comic Relief 2007: The Big One (2007) - Himself
- Balfour, Sandy (4 June 2004). "The X-Philes: No. 46". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 16 February 2010.