||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (September 2010)|
August 22, 1966 |
Riverside, California, U.S.A.
|Occupation||Chief Executive Officer|
|Known for||entrepreneurship, advocating technology|
|Spouse(s)||Molly Kramer Scantling, MD; 6 children; John K. Scantling, Clare D. Scantling, Anne K. Scantling, Katherine K. Scantling, Michael K. Scantling and James K. Scantling|
David Scantling (born August 22, 1966) has led start-up technology teams at Uprizer, Econex, Grey Haven and Storage Continuity. As a senior executive at IBM, Hewlett-Packard and the US Department of Defenseeconomic development and Information & Communications Technology (ICT) initiatives across Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom during 2006-7. He is currently the President & CEO of Scantling Technology Ventures, LLC, a private equity firm based in Akron, Ohio.
US government service
Scantling joined the US Department of Defense on December 12, 2005, and he was one of the founding executives of the Business Transformation Agency (BTA). While at the BTA, he led enterprise architecture and software federation strategy initiatives based on the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF). From June 2006 to September 2007 he served on the Department of Defense Task Force for Business and Stability Operations at the US Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq. Scantling also served as Assistant Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (ADUSD) for Expeditionary Business Systems within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics from October 2007 to February 2008.
- Brothers at War (2009): Scantling was Executive Producer of the award winning documentary Brothers at War with Director/Producer Jake Rademacher, Executive Producer Gary Sinise and Producer Norman Powell. Brothers at War won the Best Documentary Feature Award at the 2008 GI Film Festival, was released theatrically by Samuel Goldwyn Films in March, 2009, and had its Cable/TV Premier on Showtime in May, 2010. The film features an original score by Lee Holdridge and an original song--"Brothers in Arms"—by John Ondrasik of Five for Fighting.
- Patrol Base Jaker (2011): Scantling was Director and Producer of the feature-length documentary film made at Patrol Base Jaker in Helmand Province, Afghanistan about the 1st Battalion 5th Marines and the practice of counterinsurgency there.
Scantling is a 1991 graduate of the University of Notre Dame with a BA in Philosophy and a concentration in International Peace Studies at the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies. He earned a Master's Certificate in Government Contracting from the George Washington University in 1995. He attended the US Air Force Academy from 1984 to 1987 prior to transferring to the University of Notre Dame.
Decorations and badges
|U.S. military and civilian decorations|
|Secretary of Defense Medal for Outstanding Public Service|
|Air Force Achievement Medal|
|Global War on Terrorism Civilian Service Medal|
|U.S. unit awards|
|Air Force Outstanding Unit Award|
|U.S. service (campaign) medals and service and training ribbons|
|Air Force Longevity Service Award|
|Air Force Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon|
|Air Force Training Ribbon|
|U.S. badges, patches and tabs|
|Parachutist Badge - US Air Force Academy Freefall|
- Acquisition of netVmg enables Internap to extend its intelligent route control service from end-to-end
- Akron Man Helps Restart Iraq Economy: Businessman Receives Honor for Leading Effort to Build Communications Network
- DOD to build EA from ground up
- Defense drafts Business Mission Area Federation Strategy
- Akron man's work in Iraq reaps award
- Award-Winning Documentary 'Brothers at War' Supported by Two Honored Executive Producers
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-03-16. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brothers At War.|
- David Scantling at the Internet Movie Database
- Brothers at War at the Internet Movie Database
- Patrol Base Jaker at the Internet Movie Database
- Brothers at War at Rotten Tomatoes
- Brothers at War at Box Office Mojo
- Brothers at War at Metacritic
- STV Corporate Website
- Department of Defense Review of Brothers at War
- US Marine Corps Review of Brothers at War
- Military Times Review of Brothers at War
- Department of Defense Business Transformation
- Department of Defense Task Force for Business and Stability Operations (TFBSO)
- David Scantling on LinkedIn
- David Scantling on Twitter
- Brothers at War on Facebook
- Patrol Base Jaker on Facebook