David Schuler (born David James Schuler, August 1, 1982) is an American, two-time Grammy Award nominated, multi-platinum worldwide selling Record Producer, Songwriter, Film Composer and Filmmaker from Rochester, NY. Currently residing between New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA, Schuler has earned notable success as a record producer, songwriter, mixing engineer and remixer throughout the music business. He has produced records and written songs with artists such as P!nk, John Legend, Daughtry, Backstreet Boys, The Saturdays, Scott Stapp, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Esmee Denters, Lauren Bennett, Teddy Geiger, Shy Carter, Aimee Proal, and others.
In 2017, Schuler Produced, Wrote and Directed his first short film, 'The Offer'. In addition, he edited the picture and composed the Original Score. The Offer first screened in the Summer 2017 Los Angeles Horror Competition where it won the award for Best Short Film. He is currently developing his first feature length film. 
In February 2006, Schuler joined pop/rock band The Sunstreak. The band then went on to make history by selling nearly 25,000 copies of its independent self-titled debut on the Vans Warped Tour that year, gaining placement on multiple Billboard charts throughout the summer. This buzz caught the attention of Billy Mann, who then signed the group to management under his company, Stealth Entertainment. The band would soon tour the east coast with Daughtry, and support numerous groups like We The Kings, Gym Class Heroes, Paramore, Kevin Rudolph and Anberlin and appear at festivals such as The Bamboozle.
In the spring of 2009, the band self released their 2nd full length album (also produced/recorded/mixed by Schuler) titled "Once upon a lie". Originally containing 19 songs, the LP was then later released in a condensed, 11 song version by Merovingian Music/EMI Records. This marked the band's debut on a major label. The music video for the leading single "Until I met you" found its way to Number 6 on the MTV countdown and press included articles in publications such as Seventeen, Cosmo Girl, J-14 and other teen magazines/online outlets.
The Bad Dreamers/Pretty in Pink
Schuler is known for his love of synthwave/retrowave music. In 2011, he released a free album under the band name Pretty in Pink, followed by two live performances in Los Angeles and New York. In 2017, Schuler announced his new project, The Bad Dreamers, followed by the release of two new songs. No date has been set for an album however according to various blogs it is expected in 2018. 
In 2012, Pink's album The Truth about Love was nominated for a Grammy in the category of "Best pop album". Schuler was one of a short list of producers on the album, earning a nomination for his work.
In 2013, John Legend's album "Love in the Future" was nominated for R&B Album of the year. Schuler was nominated as he co-wrote the song "For the First Time" with John Legend and Billy Mann, a track that was released with iTunes versions of the album 
- "backSTREET BOYS - Unbreakable (CD, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. 2007-10-29. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "» God Bless The Sunstreak!". Residentmediapundit.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Interview with David Schuler of The Sunstreak | TheyWillRockYou.com - For the love of music! Serving Boston and Greater New England". Theywillrockyou.com. 2009-09-10. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Paint the Night EP | Standard of Living". Standardofliving.bandcamp.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "P!nk's The Truth About Love Nominated for a Grammy! | The Official P!nk Site". Pinkspage.com. 2012-12-07. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- The Offer (2017), retrieved 2017-08-04
- "theoffer". theoffer. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110722034648/http://rochester.metromix.com/music/article/the-sunstreaks-debut-cd/1513724/content. Archived from the original on July 22, 2011. Retrieved September 1, 2010. Missing or empty
- "Hot Band Alert: The Sunstreak!". J-14. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "The Sunstreak Band's Once Upon a Lie Album". Seventeen. 2009-09-03. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Top Ten Music Videos from London". mtvu.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "The Sunstreak News, Photos, Tickets, Concert Reviews and Bio on JamBase". Jambase.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Ricki-Lee Coulter's diamond of a find in the US". Adelaidenow.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "2013 Grammy Nominations: The Full List". MTV. 2012-12-06. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "John Legend - Love In The Future". Genius.