|Shillington in 2012.|
24 June 1983 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Height||194 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||111 kg (17 st 7 lb)|
|2016–||Gold Coast Titans||0||0||0||0||0|
|2009–13||Prime Minister's XIII||4||2||0||0||8|
|2010||NRL All Stars||1||0||0||0||0|
|As of 12 September 2015|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
David Shillington (born 24 June 1983 in Brisbane, Queensland) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League. A Queensland State of Origin and Australian international representative prop forward, he previously played for the Sydney Roosters and Canberra Raiders. Shillington also works as a columnist for The Canberra Times.
Early and personal life
In April 2009, he was named in the preliminary 25-man squad to represent Queensland in the opening State of Origin match for 2009. He did not make an appearance for the Maroons until the 3rd game of the series though. At the end of the 2009 season Shillington was selected as part of the Australian squad that travelled to Europe for the 2009 Four Nations tournament. He made his debut against England. In December, 2009, Shillington was arrested for drink driving after testing more than twice the legal limit.
For the 2010 ANZAC Test, Shillington was selected to play for Australia as a prop forward in their victory against New Zealand. Shillington was named the winner of the Mal Meninga Medal as the Raiders' player of the year for 2010.
In 2011, Shillington was picked in the Australia V New Zealand test played in Newcastle playing off the Bench, before heading to Great Britain for the 2011 Four Nations tournament in England and Wales. For the first two games (VS New Zealand & England), Shillington played off the bench wearing the number 16,but in the game VS Wales, he will start at prop (number 8). When Australia played New Zealand in England, Isaac Luke (New Zealand hooker) came in late on Shillington's legs which looked like it would end his Four Nations tournament. He was in doubt played against England at Wembley but did play.
For the 2013 State of Origin series Shillington was selected to play in Game I, but after the Blues' win was not retained for Game II.
Gold Coast Titans
- Nicolussi, Christian (4 May 2011). "Shillo eyes an Origin III return". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- Article at The Canberra Times
- "Raiders snare Shillington". Fox Sports. 15 May 2008. Retrieved 15 May 2008.
- "2009 NRL Player Movements". NRL Live. 4 October 2008. Retrieved 4 October 2008.
- "Queensland name preliminary State of Origin squad". Fox Sports. 28 April 2009. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "Queensland Origin forward Dave Shillington arrested for high-range drink driving". Courier Mail. 23 December 2009. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- Read, Brent (11 September 2010). "Big front-rower David Shillington is feeling very much at home with Canberra". The Australian. Retrieved 26 September 2010.