June 10, 1963 |
Portland, Oregon, United States
|Alma mater||Williams College|
|Notable credit(s)||The New York Times|
|Spouse(s)||Naomi Wolf (1993–2005; divorced; 2 children)|
David Julian Shipley (born June 10, 1963) is an American journalist. He is executive editor of Bloomberg View, overseeing its editorial page and its associated columnists and op-ed contributors. He was picked for this position in December 2010 and jointly launched Bloomberg View with James P. Rubin in May 2011. Shipley was formerly the op-ed editor of The New York Times. In 1986, he landed his first journalism job with Simon & Schuster. In 2007, with Will Schwalbe, he co-wrote the book Send: The Essential Guide to Email for Office and Home (republished under the title Send: Why People Email So Badly and How to Do It Better), published by Alfred A. Knopf.
Shipley was married to Naomi Wolf but in 2005, the two divorced. Together they have two children named Rosa and Joseph.
- "Shipley, David, 1963–". Library of Congress Name Authority File. Library of Congress. October 24, 2006. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- "Editorial Board". Bloomberg View. Bloomberg L.P. Archived from the original on May 5, 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "David Shipley and James P. Rubin to Join Bloomberg News". Bloomberg.com. Bloomberg L.P. 2010-12-15. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "David Shipley: Covering Conflict- Institute for religion, culture, and public life". IRCPL. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Barry, Dave (May 6, 2007). "You've Got Trouble [book review]". The New York Times. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- Harris, Paul (October 23, 2011). "Naomi Wolf: true radical or ultra egoist?". London: The Observer. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|