David Silva (Cape Verdean footballer)
|Full name||David Mendes da Silva|
|Date of birth||11 October 1986|
|Place of birth||Coimbra, Portugal|
|2010||→ Castellón (loan)||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 November 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 June 2012
After spending the first three years of his career in his home country with Porto B and Tourizense, David Silva relocated to Bulgaria in June 2008, signing a three-year contract with Lokomotiv Mezdra. For Lokomotiv, Silva earned 15 appearances playing in the Bulgarian first division, scoring two goals.
He left Lokomotiv Mezdra in January 2009 for CSKA Sofia along with teammate Rui Miguel. Silva made first appearance as a CSKA Sofia player in the friendly match against FK Jagodina (4:1 win for CSKA Sofia) on 26 January 2009. He had a very good game, assisting the first goal in the match and scoring the second. He scored his first goal with a powerful long-range shot from about 25 metres (82 ft) in his first match for CSKA in the A PFG against Belasitsa 0:3 for CSKA Sofia. In January 2010, he was transferred to CD Castellón for the remainder of the season. On 23 June 2010, his contract with CSKA Sofia was terminated by mutual consent.
After spending the 2012–13 season in Portugal, at Olhanense, Silva returned to Kilmarnock on 26 September 2013, signing until the end of the season. After failing to prove his fitness, he was released in January 2014.
- Moffat, Colin (1 August 2010). "Kilmarnock sign midfielder David Silva". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- David Silva and Rui Miguel are joining the team
- The CD Castellon gets the assignment of David Mendes Da
- ЦСКА се раздели с двама играчи, sportal.bg (in Bulgarian)
- "Kilmarnock snap up Portuguese winger David Silva as club look at further signings". Sunday Mail. 1 August 2010.
- "David Silva signs until the end of the season". kilmarnockfc.co.uk. 26 September 2013. Archived from the original on 31 May 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Transfer Deadline Day: Kilmarnock take Sunderland's Karlsson". BBC Sport. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- SAPO Desporto (4 October 2012). "It's a pride to represent the country of my parents" (in Portuguese). Esporte Brasil. Archived from the original on 2 October 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
-  (in Portuguese)