David Simon, Baron Simon of Highbury
Simon was educated at Christ's Hospital school, Horsham, West Sussex. He graduated from the University of Cambridge in 1961 and joined British Petroleum as a management trainee, became chief executive of BP Oil International in 1982, managing director of BP in 1986, chief executive of BP from 1992 to 1995 and chairman from 1995 to 1997.
Simon was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 1991 New Year Honours and knighted in 1995. He was created a life peer as Baron Simon of Highbury, of Canonbury in the London Borough of Islington on 16 May 1997.
- Davidson, Andrew (1 July 2005). "UK: THE DAVIDSON INTERVIEW - DAVID SIMON". www.managementtoday.co.uk. Retrieved 9 January 2019.
- "No. 52382". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 1990. p. 9.
- "No. 54287". The London Gazette. 12 January 1996. p. 572.
- "No. 54771". The London Gazette. 21 May 1997. p. 5973.
- "Lord Simon of Highbury". UK Parliament.
| Chief Executive of BP
1992 – 1995
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|