David Simon (CEO)
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2009)|
|David E. Simon|
|Alma mater||B.S. Indiana University
|Spouse(s)||Jacqueline Susan Freed|
|Parent(s)||Bess Meshulam Simon
Early life and education
Simon is the son of Jewish American real estate developer Melvin Simon and his first wife Bess (née Meshulam). He obtained a B.S. degree from Indiana University in 1983 and an M.B.A. from Columbia University's Graduate School of Business in 1985.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015)|
He joined Simon Property precursor Melvin Simon & Associates in 1990 as Chief Financial Officer. In 1993, he led the efforts to take Simon Property Group public with a nearly $1 billion initial public offering that, at the time, was the largest real estate stock offering. He became CEO in 1995 and Chairman in 2007.
He is a member and former chairman of the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) board of governors and is a former trustee of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). He has received numerous industry honors, and in 2000, he was inducted into the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Academy of Alumni Fellows.
In 2013, he donated $5 million support the construction Columbia Business School's new facilities.
- Indianapolis Star: "Simon’s daughter sues widow over will - Complaint says billionaire’s 2nd wife coerced him into signing new estate plan favoring her" by John Russell January 9, 2010
- New York times: "Jacqueline S. Freed to Wed David E. Simon Next June March 17, 1985
- Indiana University: Simon family contributes
- Life Sciences Building in Bloomington
- Indianapolis Business Journal: "Simon Property CEO uses hard-nosed style to excel at acquisitions" by Cory Schouten March 6, 2010
- Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis: "The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Dedicates Simon Family Dormitory at New Scopus Student Village - Hebrew U Recognizes the Generosity of Family Behind Simon Property Group" August 22, 2007