|Full name||David Frederick Skea|
|Date of birth||February 1871|
|Place of birth||Arbroath, Scotland|
|Date of death||c. 1950 (aged 78–79)|
|Place of death||Scotland|
|Playing position||Inside forward|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
He began his career with his hometown club, Arbroath, before joining Aston Villa, where he made just one appearance in The Football League. After a spell back in Scotland with Dundee Thistle, he moved to Darwen, where again he was restricted to a single Football League game before a move to Bury of the Lancashire League.
In 1894 he joined Leicester Fosse, where he spent two seasons as a regular in the team, making 45 League appearances and scoring 28 goals. In the 1894–95 season, he was the top scorer in the Football League Second Division.
- Joyce, Michael (2004). Football League Players' Records 1888 - 1939. Soccerdata. p. 239. ISBN 1-899468-67-6.
- "David Skea: Playing record". Swindon Town FC. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- Brown, Tony (2003). The Definitive Gillingham F.C.: A Complete Record. Soccerdata. p. 129. ISBN 1-899468-20-X.
- "Skea, David Frederick". Aston Villa Player Database. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- Ross, James M. "English League Leading Goalscorers – Football League Div 1 & 2 Leading Goalscorers 1889-1915". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 16 November 2013.