|Full name||David Joseph Solomona|
|Born||26 January 1978|
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||110 kg (17 st 5 lb) |
David Joseph Solomona (born 26 January 1978 in Auckland, New Zealand) is a former professional rugby league footballer, last playing for the Warrington Wolves of Europe's Super League. He was regularly amongst the top off-loaders in the competition. Solomona also attended St. Paul's College, Auckland, a school known for consistently producing the best rugby league team in the national secondary school competition.
National Rugby League
Solomona started his career in Australia with the Sydney City Roosters. He played from the interchange bench for the Roosters in their 2000 NRL grand final loss to the Brisbane Broncos. He played for Samoa in the 2000 Rugby League World Cup.
Solomona spent three years at Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (Heritage № 1217) where his skills helped keep them in the European Super League. In 2004 he was named in the Super League Dream Team. He helped New Zealand to defeat Australia to win the 2005 Rugby League Tri Nations tournament.
Solomona signed for Bradford Bulls on 24 October 2006 for the 2007 season. He was the Bulls only ever-present player in 2007, making 32 appearances in his first year at the club. Blessed with tremendous ball handling skills he also has the ability to score tries himself and he scored 14 tries in 2007, including a hat trick.
Solomona continued to feature in the Warrington Wolves squad throughout the 2011 season. He was mainly brought on as a replacement making good use of his strength and ball handling skills to make in-roads into the opposing defence. His tenure with the Warrington Wolves came to a close due to an injury he suffered in the 2012 season, causing him to retire before returning to Australia.
- "The official Engage Super League web site". web page. Super League. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Profile at loverugbyleague.com". loverugbyleague.com. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "SOLOMONA, DAVID JOSEPH 2001 - 2002, 2005 - 2006 - KIWI #693". nzleague.co.nz. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Samoa, Tonga and Fiji name squads". BBC. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "Leeds 6-30 Warrington". BBC. 2010-08-28. Retrieved 2010-08-28.