David Soren (animator)
April 19, 1973 |
|Alma mater||Sheridan College|
|Occupation||Director, writer, voice actor, storyboard artist|
David Soren (born April 19, 1973) is a Canadian director, writer, voice actor, and storyboard artist at DreamWorks Animation. His most notable work are TV specials based on the Madagascar film franchise, Merry Madagascar, and Madly Madagascar. He directed the 2013 animated feature film Turbo, which is based on his own original concept.
Early life and career
Soren was born in Toronto, Canada, raised in Hamilton, and graduated from Sheridan College. His final student project, an animated short film Mr. Lucky, received many accolades, and it was accepted into competition for the 1997 Academy Award. Before joining DreamWorks, he worked at Toronto-based Nelvana as an animator and storyboard artist. At DreamWorks he worked as a story artist on Chicken Run, Shrek and Over the Hedge, and as a head of story on Shark Tale. In 2009, he directed and wrote his first film, a TV Christmas special, Merry Madagascar, followed by a 2013 TV Valentine's Day special, Madly Madagascar, also written and directed by Soren.
|2000||The Road to El Dorado||storyboard artist|
|Chicken Run||additional storyboard artist|
|2004||Shark Tale||Shrimp/Worm/Starfish #1/Killer Whale #2||head of story|
|2006||Over the Hedge||story artist|
|2008||Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa||Lemur|
|2010||How to Train Your Dragon||special thanks|
|2017||Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie||director|
|2009||Merry Madagascar||Lookout lemur/additional lemurs||director/writer|
|2010||Neighbors from Hell||Josh Hellman|
- D. Allan, Marc (May 17, 2013). "TURBO: Can This Little Guy Save IndyCar?". Indianapolis Monthly. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "David Soren Biography and Filmography". Tribute. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- "Dreamworks Animation is Off to the Races with High-Octane Cast for Turbo In 2013". DreamWorks Animation. February 24, 2012. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "David Soren bio: Turbo Director". Tribute. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "David Soren: Voice of Josh Hellman". TBS. Retrieved March 19, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Hough, Matt (January 22, 2013). "Madly Madagascar DVD Review". Home Theater Forum. Retrieved January 26, 2013.