David Soren (animator)
Soren at the 2017 Annecy International Animated Film Festival
|Born||April 19, 1973|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.:2|
|Alma mater||Sheridan College|
|Occupation||Director, writer, voice actor, storyboard artist|
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
David Soren (born April 19, 1973) is a Canadian director, writer, voice actor, and storyboard artist at DreamWorks Animation. His most notable work are TV specials based on the Madagascar film franchise, Merry Madagascar, and Madly Madagascar. He directed the 2013 animated feature film Turbo, which is based on his own original concept, as well as the 2017 animated film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie based on Dav Pilkey's Captain Underpants book series.
Early life and career
Soren was born in Toronto, Canada, was raised in Hamilton, and graduated from Sheridan College. His final student project, an animated short film, Mr. Lucky, received many accolades, and was accepted into competition for the 1997 Academy Award. Before joining DreamWorks, he worked at Toronto-based Nelvana as an animator and storyboard artist. At DreamWorks he worked as a story artist on Chicken Run, Shrek and Over the Hedge, and as a head of story on Shark Tale. In 2009, he directed and wrote his first film, a TV Christmas special, Merry Madagascar, followed by a 2013 TV Valentine's Day special, Madly Madagascar, also written and directed by Soren.
|2000||The Road to El Dorado||storyboard artist|
|Chicken Run||additional storyboard artist|
|2004||Shark Tale||Shrimp/Worm/Starfish #1/Killer Whale #2||head of story/actor|
|2006||Over the Hedge||story artist|
|2008||Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa||Lemur||actor|
|2010||How to Train Your Dragon||special thanks|
|2017||The Boss Baby||Jimbo||actor|
|Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie||Tommy||director/additional screenplay material/actor|
|2009||Merry Madagascar||Lookout lemur/additional lemurs||director/writer|
|2010||Neighbors from Hell||Josh Hellman||actor|
|2013-2016||Turbo FAST||Creative consultant|
- D. Allan, Marc (May 17, 2013). "TURBO: Can This Little Guy Save IndyCar?". Indianapolis Monthly. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "David Soren Biography and Filmography". Tribute. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- "Dreamworks Animation is Off to the Races with High-Octane Cast for Turbo In 2013". DreamWorks Animation. February 24, 2012. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "David Soren bio: Turbo Director". Tribute. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "David Soren: Voice of Josh Hellman". TBS. Archived from the original on February 3, 2013. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- Hough, Matt (January 22, 2013). "Madly Madagascar DVD Review". Home Theater Forum. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
|This article relating to an animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|