|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
David Swanson (born 1969) is an American activist, blogger and author. He currently resides in Virginia.
As an activist, Swanson co-founded the website After Downing Street (now War Is A Crime .org), based around the U.S. congressional concern of the Downing Street memo. Additionally, Swanson embarked on a campaign to impeach President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney through the now defunct website ConvictBushCheney.Org as well as contributing to the introduction of Dennis Kucinich’s The 35 Articles of Impeachment and the Case for Prosecuting George W. Bush. Swanson has also aided in the organization of campaigns such as Velvet Revolution's opposition of the United States Chamber of Commerce and Tom J. Donohue, and October2011.Org's Occupy Washington movement.
As an author, David Swanson has written several books; Daybreak: Undoing the Imperial Presidency and Forming a More Perfect Union (2009), War Is a Lie (2010), When the World Outlawed War (2011) and War No More: The Case for Abolition (2013).
Swanson currently blogs through various political sites, including his own co-founded site, WarIsACrime.Org and Democrats.com, where he serves as the Washington Director. He also writes at his personal website DavidSwanson.Org
- Kucinich, Dennis J., David C.N. Swanson, and Elizabeth de la Vega. The 35 Articles of Impeachment and the Case for Prosecuting George W. Bush. Port Townsend, Washington, Feral House, 2008. ISBN 978-1-932595-42-0
- Daybreak: Undoing the Imperial Presidency and Forming a More Perfect Union. New York: Seven Stories Press. 2009. ISBN 978-1-58322-888-3
- War Is A Lie. 2010. ISBN 978-0-9830830-0-9
- "Bloggers". Democrats.com. Archived from the original on 2011-09-04. Retrieved 31 Aug 2011.
- "The 35 Articles of Impeachment and the Case for Prosecuting George W. Bush". Feral House. Retrieved 31 Aug 2011.
- Swanson, David. "WarIsACrime.Org: Tom Donohue and the Chamber of Open Secrets". Stop The Chamber. Velvet Revolution. Retrieved 31 Aug 2011.
- "About Us". October 2011.Org. Archived from the original on 2011-09-01. Retrieved 31 Aug 2011.
- Loudon, Trevor. "Cairo Style Occupation Planned for Washington DC, Starting October 6". New Zeal. Trevor Loudon. Retrieved 31 Aug 2011.
- "Daybreak: Undoing the Imperial Presidency and Forming a More Perfect Union - Published in 2009". Davidswanson.org. Retrieved 31 Aug 2011.
- official website
- CommonSense2...: Daybreak by David Swanson (review of Daybreak: Undoing the Imperial Presidency and Forming a More Perfect Union)
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|