||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Thodey in February 2012
|Born||David Ingle Thodey
14 May 1954
Perth, Western Australia
|Alma mater||Victoria University of Wellington
|Occupation||Chief Executive Officer|
|Term||May 2009–April 2015|
|Board member of||CSIRO (Chair)|
Thodey was born in Perth, Western Australia. He was educated at Nelson College in New Zealand from 1967 to 1971 and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and English from Victoria University of Wellington. Thodey attended the Kellogg School of Management postgraduate general management program at Northwestern University in Chicago.
Thodey held several senior executive positions in marketing and sales within IBM Australia/New Zealand and across IBM Asia Pacific, including holding the position of managing director for Australia between 1999 and 2000.
Thodey joined Telstra in April 2001 as Group Managing Director of Telstra Mobiles. He was appointed to the position of Group Managing Director Telstra Enterprise and Government in December 2002 and was responsible for the company's corporate, government and large business customers in Australia, TelstraClear in New Zealand and Telstra's International sales division. He became Chief Executive Officer of Telstra on 19 May 2009, following the departure of American Sol Trujillo from the office. Thodey retired from his position at Telstra in April 2015.
Thodey was appointed Chair of the CSIRO Board, with effect from November 2015. In 2017 Thodey was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia for distinguished service to business, notably to the telecommunications and information technology sectors, to the promotion of ethical leadership and workplace diversity, and to basketball.
- Kruger, Colin (16 October 2010). "Dial T for Thodey". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Telstra wants fresh start". The Weekend Advertiser. 9 May 2009. p. 9.
- Sol's successor changes the ring tone - AustralianIT, 30 May 2009
- Nelson College Old Boys' Register, 1856–2006, 6th edition
- "David Thodey". Australian Institute of Company Directors. Archived from the original on 2009-05-11. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Telestra CEO: Who is David Thodey?". ZDNet. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Former Telstra chief executive Thodey appointed CSIRO chairman". Australian Financial Review. 6 August 2015.
- "Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia" (PDF). Australia Day 2017 Honours List. Governor-General of Australia. 26 January 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
|This Australian business biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|