David W. Anderson
|David W. Anderson|
|Assistant Secretary of the Interior for Indian Affairs|
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Neal McCaleb|
|Succeeded by||Carl J. Artman|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Occupation||Restaurateur, businessman, founder of Famous Dave's Restaurants|
David W. "Famous Dave" Anderson, best known as the founder of the Famous Dave's restaurant chain, is the former Assistant Secretary - Indian Affairs in the Department of the Interior, with jurisdiction over the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Office of Indian Education Programs (now the Bureau of Indian Education). Anderson is a Choctaw and Ojibwe Indian, and lives in Edina, Minnesota. He was born in Chicago, Illinois, and grew up there as well as on reservations in Wisconsin. Famous Dave Anderson now travels the country speaking and is the author of several award-winning books.      
The LifeSkills Center for Leadership
Dave Anderson lives in Edina, Minnesota with his wife Kathy. He has two children, James (married to Colleen) and Tim, both residing in Minneapolis. His family still owns and enjoys property in Hayward, Wisconsin, beside the LCO Reservation.
- "Famous Dave Anderson". famousdaves.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Dave Anderson - Keynote Speaker". thebarryagency.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Anderson, David W. "Famous Dave"". ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "David Anderson Sworn in as Assistant Secretary - Indian Affairs". doi.gov. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Famous Dave's Backroads and Sidestreets". google.com.np. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Famous Dave reflects on career of success". indianz.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
|Assistant Secretary of the Interior for Indian Affairs
Under President George W. Bush
2004 - 2005
Carl J. Artman
|This biography of a person who has held a non-elected position in the Federal government of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|