David Weeks Studio
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2009)|
David Weeks founded New York-based David Weeks Studio in 1996. Since its inception, the Studio has created products for commercial and residential uses, from desk lamps and home accessories to floor lamps, chandeliers, mobiles, lounge seating and custom retail, commercial and residential lighting installations.
The Studio’s recent projects include Sculpt, a new upholstered collection and Sarus, a new lighting collection for Ralph Pucci; updated Semana chairs for Habitat UK; and new consumer products for Areaware and Kikkerland.
David Weeks Studio’s custom designs for lighting, furniture, sculpture and interiors have been commissioned for projects at Barneys New York, Kate Spade, Saks Fifth Avenue, MGM Grand Las Vegas, Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas, Bliss Spa, Brasserie NYC, and The W Hotels, among others.
David Weeks Studio has received media attention from all over the world. Weeks’s work has been featured in such publications as Dwell, Architectural Digest, Interior Design, Harper’s Bazaar, Wallpaper*, W, I.D., and Elle Decor. His work has also been featured in the following books:
- Creative USA, 2008 daab books
- Ultimate New York Design, 2006 teNeues Vertag GmbH + Co. KG, Kemper
- Young Designers Americas, 2006 daab, Fusion Publishing
- Inside Design Now, 2003 Princeton Architectural Press
The Studio's lighting was also prominently featured in the 2007 film, Interview starring Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller.
Articles & Interviews
- A Country House
- Workspace: David Weeks
- Designer Identikit
- A New Line of Upholstered Furniture
- Best in Show at WestWeek
- An Easy Riding Rocking Chair That Used to Be a Couch
- Are Designers Sheathing the Cutting Edge?
- Summertime, and the Lighting Is Breezy
- A Little Modern, At the Javits Center
- Q+A with David Weeks & Lindsay Adelman
- Designers Find You Can't Live On Buzz
- Good Company For Book Lovers To Greet the New Year